Some Hero Arena Questions (was: Help a newb out!)

RennoC

Reaction score
Well, I recently discovered the wc3 world editor, and ever since Ive been addicted. Currently im making a Custom Hero Arena map, and although I have the basics down I need some more professional help. How could I:

1:When editing the spells/abilities how do you easily change the color of the text describing the spell itself. Blizzard uses a non-user friendly way that looks something like this ---> leiei45Glods Strength (Gods Strength)

2:Ive figured out how to make a custom loading screen, but to make a custom minimap I need what fthe file extension is and what size and how to convert it. (As well as icons)

3:Ive got medium trigger skills down, but no clue how to do spells. I want to make more intricate heros but I need to be able to combine effects through the triggers or however you do this. Example ---> Making taunt increase armor.

4:The best map protector!

5:If I wanted to make a boss or something how could I make him cast spells on purpose in certain areas. I expirimented with this a couple of times (it seems easy) but I couldnt get it to work.

Thanks alot in advance. Im really excited to get this map out.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well minimap previews need to be a .tga If ya want you could just send me the image and I'll make it for ya real fast.

Oh and welcome to thehelper.net

Edit: I think you personally shouldn't use map protectors as they block others from learning. I think DoTA is the only map that should be protected as if it were not warcraft would become chaos.

RennoC

Reaction score
I just dont want someone to open my map and change my name for their name and re-release it. They get all the credit then and im out of luck.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
1. It's the Hex Codes, basically if you search hex codes on google you will get a crazy list of all of the colors, then type in |cff(code) in world editor to get the color. End it with |r. For example, most abilities are something like "Frost |cffffcc00N|rova - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]

3. The event is Unit - Generic unit event (Unit begins the effect of an ability).

Then actions, whatever. In your case, probably a dummy unit would cast inner fire in the triggering unit. Example:
Unit - Create (Create 1 dummy at Position of Triggering Unit facing default building facing degrees)
Unit - Add expiration timer (Make sure to add to last created unit, not triggering unit)
Unit - Order ability targeting a unit (Order Last Created Unit to Human Priest - Inner Fire Triggering Unit)

5. It's "Unit - Issue order targeting a point" (or unit)

RennoC

Reaction score
Ya I sent you a message, is there an email you want me to send it to? I just want the minimap to be like
--------------------------
l HERO l
l ARENA l
--------------------------

but with the words filling up the minimap screen. It will be temporary, so I can release the first version, until I get a real image.

RennoC

Reaction score
5. It's "Unit - Issue order targeting a point" (or unit)

How could I make this be a unit thats not on the map when it starts? And how could I make the spell it casts be custom (it only lets me choose crappy ones)? Thanks for all your help guys!

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
lol

um 4 ive heard i dont use them but use 2 or 3 so it really screws it up so it cant be pieced back togeather by some hacker :p

5 do with triggers
event: unit enters region
condition: play of triggering unit is = all player slots (red/blue/teal/ex.)
action: cast spell such location you get it its late and i cant remeber terms

... if anything else ask you might wanna put a wait action if its in a cine so that the camera has time

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. When the unit is created, you can store it as a unit variable, although i expect boss units to be created at initiation...
But as an example.
Elapsed time is 3600 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Boss at (2800,3500) (just some coordinates I made up)
Set BossOne equal to Last Created Unit

Unit enters Boss Domain
Unit - Order BossOne to Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp. (Issue order without a target)

Let's say you made the custom skill Demonic Apocalypse, and built it off of warstomp. This would make the Boss cast Demonic Apocalypse.
Also, you cannot order a unit to cast the "Channel" ability unless it is still a Slam-type spell, and you cannot order item effects.
However, under the "Hero" action list, you can order the casting of an item.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Alright he now has his minimap image. I made one for him and gave one to him. Just letting you all know so we can better focus on the other parts this thread.

Nymne

Reaction score
1:When editing the spells/abilities how do you easily change the color of the text describing the spell itself. Blizzard uses a non-user friendly way that looks something like this ---> leiei45Glods Strength (Gods Strength)

It's:

Code:
|CFF00FF00God's Strength|R

The |CFF starts the Color Code. The next 6 numbers and letters (00FF00) determinate your Color Settings. In this case, the Name will display in green.
-> (God's Stength)
The |R cancels the Color.

If you need more information about it, you might want to check out Mind's Tutorial about Colors (here).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.