Some problems with transformations and corpses...

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've not made a map for a while so I'm a little out of practice.
I've started a simple little hero map and I've run into a couple of snags:

-Firstly I have a vampire hero with two transformation abilities; one into a wolf and one into a Blood Dragon. These work fine from the vampire form however if you try changing from a dragon to a wolf or a wolf to a dragon then you end up rapidly switching between the two. Obviously this is less than desirable so is there anyway to remove the ability 'Wolf form' when you become a dragon and 'dragon form' when you become a wolf, but still have the ability available, on the same level, when you return to being a vampire.

-Secondly I have a Ghoul hero, I want him to be able to disguise himself as a corpse. I.E. you click the button and he plays his death animation and a ghoul corpse appears, but you can click on said corpse and attack it if you are an enemy or transform it back into a ghoul if you are the controlling player. Basically I need a way of making a unit with the model of a dead ghoul, is this possible?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
1) You could try disabling the respective abilities using triggers Unit - disable ability for Unit whenever the vampire is in dragon or wolf form?

2) It is possible. This would be almost exactly like the ability Bear form or Storm Crow form, so I suggest you base it off that. I'm also pretty sure there's a corpse model somewhere in Extras.....(maybe)

Also, for the death animation, simply trigger it.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
I tried messing around with removing abilities but no luck, if you remove the dragon ability when the wolf one is cast then you can't get the dragon one ack without buying it with hero points.

I tried saving the level of the dragon ability in a variable and then reapplying it once the wolf timer had run out, but that didn't work either.

So I'm just going to keep the Dragon transformation spell and turn the wolf spell into a summon, multiple transformations on one hero is jsut too much bother...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.