Spell events are driving me nuts...

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
I always seem to have problems with spell events.

Code:
Soldier Training 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to General
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Train Soldier 
        (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Soldier
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Train Soldier  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Soldier Rank 2 using The old unit's relative life and mana
            Else - Actions
                Unit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Soldier Rank 1 using The old unit's relative life and mana

So would someone please tell me why this isn't working?

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
Basically it's suppose to replace the soldier with a slightly different soldier unit.

I don't understand why "finishes casting" and "starts casting" or whatever doesn't seem to do anything most of the time. >.< I'll do my best to forget them though and just use starts the effect of...

Yeah you're right, but I also tried "begins casting" which didn't work either. But anyways I'm gonna go change it now.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Basically it's suppose to replace the soldier with a slightly different soldier unit.

I don't understand why "finishes casting" and "starts casting" or whatever doesn't seem to do anything most of the time. >.< I'll do my best to forget them though and just use starts the effect of...

Starts Casting can be harassed...

Example casting a spell and pressing s on the keyboard will give the spells effect but will not cast mana or cooldown
Finishes Casting is used for spells that have an after affect after them..or to figure out when to change back the units animation or other things that happen upon the ending of spell

MaaxeEvid

Reaction score
Yes,
Code:
Starts the Effect of an ability
is:

When the spell do it effect !!

And,
Code:
Starts casting an ability
is:
When you "Press" the button

But you can reffer to the 2 examples with:

Code:
Ability Being Cast

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.