Spell Help AOE beneficial spell ideas

Winterherz

Reaction score
I am curious if it's possible to trigger an AOE spell that grants +armor or %damage reduction or heals for #seconds? I'm new to triggers so If you can post some, it's a big help for my heroes:D

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Passive or active? I can teach you in hand written codes or make them for you, but if you want them to be made, consider giving more details? Like how many levels, cool down, mana cost, exactly what it does, etc.

Winterherz

Reaction score
Passive or active? I can teach you in hand written codes or make them for you, but if you want them to be made, consider giving more details? Like how many levels, cool down, mana cost, exactly what it does, etc.

Oh that would be awesome:thup:, ok here it is:::

AOE 1 (active, non-channeling)
Hero casts aoe spell that reduces all damage by 70% for 12 seconds.

AOE 2 (active, non-channeling)
Hero casts aoe spell that increases armor by 202 for 12 seconds.

AOE 3 (active, non-channeling)
Hero casts aoe spell that increases life regeneration by 1% of max health for 12 seconds. When the duration is completed, it instantly heals the same units for 10% of maximum health.

*aoe range: maybe 500?
*just 1 level would be good
*cooldown 30 seconds
*mana cost: 210
*note: i have a rejuvenation type spell, is it possible to stack it with AOE 3? I am also thinking of these aoe as emergency spells

skyblader

Reaction score
Don't bump so fast. Are all the AOEs supposed to be made into 1 spell? Or 3 different spells?

>*note: i have a rejuvenation type spell, is it possible to stack it with AOE 3? I am also thinking of these aoe as emergency spells

It is possible to stack. Because 1% of max health can't be done by skills, only trigger.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Please, read the rules of this forum, and paragraph 3:B:
If 24 hours have passed, you were the last one to post, and your question has not been answered, you may bump your thread. But the 24 hour limit will be enforced, so be careful.

Please, don't double post within 24 hours !

skyblader

Reaction score
Okay, I'm finally done.
Map
There are other stuff in it, so just ignore them and go to the AOE Spells category. Please go through any notes I left inside triggers and their comments.

yuckyducky

Reaction score
AOE 2 (active, non-channeling)
Hero casts aoe spell that increases armor by 202 for 12 seconds.
Try Druid of the Claw's Roar ability. If that doesn't work:
Trigger:
  • Armor AoE
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Armor AoE (Channel)
    • Actions
      • Set A = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at A facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit - Add Devotion Aura to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 0.10 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_A)

Armor AoE is channel ability, set it as an instant cast spell, mana cost, cooldown.
Devotion aura is your 202 armor buff. Set it as whatever amount you want, duration and range.
This trigger creates an unit wif the buff, den kills it, but the aura buff will last for the duration u set for it.

AOE 3 (active, non-channeling)
Hero casts aoe spell that increases life regeneration by 1% of max health for 12 seconds. When the duration is completed, it instantly heals the same units for 10% of maximum health.
ERM. IF i did this spell in triggers, It'd have 3 Triggers, Cast, Duration, End.

Trigger:
  • Regen Buff Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Regen AoE (Channel)
    • Actions
      • Set A = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of A matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) and (((Matching unit) is A structure Not equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UnitGroupB
      • Countdown Timer - Start RepeatingTimerC as a Repeating timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Start DurationTimerD as a One-shot timer that will expire in 12.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_A)

Sets the position, gets nearby allies. You can add a buff to the unit if u want.
Trigger:
  • Regen Buff Do
    • Events
      • Time - RepeatingTimerC expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroupB and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.01))

Every 1 second, the unit regenerates 1% of their max health. You can add a special effect here.
Trigger:
  • Regen Buff Ends
    • Events
      • Time - DurationTimerD expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Pause RepeatingTimerC
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroupB and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.10))
      • Unit Group - Remove all units of UnitGroupB from UnitGroupB

After 12 seconds, regenerate 10% of max health. Then removes all affected units from the spell. If u added a buff, remove it here. You can add a final special effect here if you like.

Feel free to correct any errors that i have, and sorry if i have them, i didn't test this.

P.S. These triggers can be made as offensive AoE DPS or debuff spells. just tweak the values.

skyblader

Reaction score
Thanks. And huh, yeah. But let's not get off-topic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.