Spell Immunity questions

Lahey

Reaction score
1: Is it possible to bind an art model to this ability? A buff such as brilliance aura.
2: Is there an auto-cast spell that can touch units with spell immunity? Non-auto-cast spells are ensnare & finger of pain||death.
Thanks!

Parsival

Reaction score
Hi,

1: Is it possible to bind an art model to this ability? A buff such as brilliance aura.
Why not? Just change a field in Object Editor with 'Art - Model' of 'Spell Immunity' ability. Then change 'attachment points 1' to 'origin' (if You want to make something like 'brilliance aura'). You can do it by adding buff/effect to 'Spell Immunity' also.

2: Is there an auto-cast spell that can touch units with spell immunity? Non-auto-cast spells are ensnare & finger of pain||death.
Read about 'Channel' ability (search for tutorials).

Sorry, I would give You link and say something more about these questions, but I have to wake up early tomorrow, so I have to go sleep now.

Good luck and good night :)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
For number one you could also just do

Trigger:
  • Events
    • A Hero learns a Spell
    • Conditions
    • Spell Equal to Spell Immunity
    • Actions
    • Special Effect - Add to Triggering unit

This is based of my brain, not using WE tell me if you can't find one ;3

2. Just try all the autocasts in a test map like a unit that has Spell Immunity [you could just add it to a random unit] then a Hero or unit with ALL the autocasts such as heal, inner fire, phase shift [meh], just look in editor [btw make a ally and enemy with spell immunity.

Lahey

Reaction score
1: Yeah I'm pretty sure you can't add an art model to "Spell Immunity" without using a trigger.
2: I forgot about the auto-cast spell behaviours. I'm trying to find a replacement for dispel magic to remove spell immunity on creeps. I think it's not possible.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
2: Is there an auto-cast spell that can touch units with spell immunity?
Many spells can be made to work on spell immune units by making them hero spells with a base level requirement higher than 1 (this makes the game consider them as "ultimate" spells, for which there is a Gameplay Constant by default set to allow ultimates to target spell immune units).

I'm trying to find a replacement for dispel magic to remove spell immunity on creeps. I think it's not possible.
Considering that spell immunity is not a buff, you cannot dispel it normally; a set of triggers to associate it with a dispellable buff could work (whatever event > cast buffing spell, add spell immunity; periodically check for presence of buff > if buff is missing, remove spell immunity).

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
You could make a Cast-Spell Immunity I think. You could ask in the Spell Request Thread. Just make it like
Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit casts a spell Cast Spell Immune
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Hero - Add Spell Immunity
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • Remove Spell Immunity from.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.