Spell problem...

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
I'm having a slight problem with a spell that is supposed to allow a hero to "link" to a unit. The thing is, only if the unit takes damage the hero will regain 50% of the damage the unit takes. My trigger goes...

Code:
Spinal Tap
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Attacked unit) Equal to Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Real_Life[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))] = (Life of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Player number of (Owner of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]))])
                        Wait 0.10 seconds
                        Set Control_Array[(Player number of (Owner of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]))] = (Real_Life[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))] - ((Life of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Player number of (Owner of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]))]) / 2.00))
                        Set Control_Array2[(Player number of (Owner of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]))] = (Control_Array[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))] + (Life of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Owner of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)))))
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of Spinal_Tap_Array[(Integer A)]) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to Control_Array2[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]
                                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\HowlOfTerror\HowlCaster.mdl
                                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing

And apparantly it bulks the heroes life up too much? Anything I'm doing wrong? Oh, and just for refrence...

Code:
Spinal Initiate
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Spinal Tap 
    Actions
        Set Spinal_Tap_Array[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Target unit of ability being cast)

Thanks.

Rad

Reaction score
Umm well it does loop 10 times.. alot of variables so it will take a minute to understand just want to point that out

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Yea, I had it adding the pinked units to a group and firing it in another trigger to avoid the loop, but I thought this would compact it and work. I dunno...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.