Spell that lowers ground and damages

pwnagenub2

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm trying to make a spell where it basically lowers the ground, and damages everyone who sinks in to the lowered spot. I tried using earth quake as the spell, but it didn't damage anyone, and I messed around with the environmental triggers but I couldn't see to get the ground to lower.

Thanks

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can use terrain deformations I believe.
Then just group units in range.

@Moog: What the hell?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at PolarityShiftPoint with radius 400.00 and depth 400.00
Will create a deformation over whatever period is in place of .01... To remove it *So there isn't a huge crater all the time wherever he casts it*
Trigger:
  • Environment - Create a 3.00 second Permanent crater deformation at PolarityShiftPoint with radius 400.00 and depth -400.00
This will remove it as I said above... Then just base the spell off of thunderclap for the AoE dmg... And just trigger this part when the spell is cast... Note PolarityShiftPoint is a point variable for leak purposes... If you don't know what I'm talking about ask or read a tutorial on it... I advise the tut though... They tend to be rather helpful. Especially the leak ones 0.o.

cowmenace

Reaction score
Here, let me give you my spell that does this. It's not the same, but you might be able to learn from it.

These are snippets from the spell. Point[55] is where the spell was cast

Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Level of Portal to Hell  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    Then - Actions
        Set UnitsInCrater2 = (Units within 105.00 of Point[55] matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False)))
        Set UnitsInCrater = (Number of units in UnitsInCrater2)
        Environment - Create a 0.20 second Permanent crater deformation at Point[55] with radius 105.00 and depth 2000.00
    Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Portal to Hell  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Set UnitsInCrater2 = (Units within 130.00 of Point[55] matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False)))
                Environment - Create a 0.20 second Permanent crater deformation at Point[55] with radius 130.00 and depth 2000.00
            Else - Actions
                Set UnitsInCrater2 = (Units within 155.00 of Point[55] matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False)))
                Environment - Create a 0.20 second Permanent crater deformation at Point[55] with radius 155.00 and depth 2000.00

Then there is a wait and some stuff that applies only to my spell, and this

If - Conditions
        (Level of Portal to Hell  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    Then - Actions
        Environment - Create a 0.35 second Permanent crater deformation at Point[55] with radius 105.00 and depth -2000.00
    Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Portal to Hell  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Environment - Create a 0.35 second Permanent crater deformation at Point[55] with radius 130.00 and depth -2000.00
            Else - Actions
                Environment - Create a 0.35 second Permanent crater deformation at Point[55] with radius 155.00 and depth -2000.00

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.