Spellbook problem

The Big S

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Another question for you.. this one has really been bugging me. So I basically pretty much have triggers down well in my mind, but now I am getting into editing my own items and spells. Basically, I am making an armorsmithing proffesion (spellbook), which contains a spell to craft an iron shield. The problem is, when I click on the shield spell in the proffesion spellbook, it will give me the shield, but completely get rid of all my other abilities/spells and make me have to repick them from the level up spellbook.

And to top it off, if I try it again when I have learned no other spells/abilities, it gives me an error message :eek:

Alright, so here are the settings on the spell book (Armorsmithing)

1.jpg

2.png

And here are the settings on the Iron Shield making spell (Which I believe has the problem)

3.jpg

4.png

Lastly, here is the trigger for the Iron Shield crafting spell.

5.jpg

I'm hoping that someone has dealt with this problem before, and knows how to resolve it. Thanks in advance guys!

- The Big S

The Big S

Reaction score
Nope, made all of the abilities (spellbooks) have different ID's, just as the spellbook tutorial said..

Hmm, I think that I may just try a different approach to my proffesion system, to make it more real. Thanks for the input though, +rep for at least trying :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
No, I mean, did you base your iron shield making, crafting and the other spells that are removed off the same ability.

The Big S

Reaction score
No.

What is happening is that when I click the create Iron Shield spell, when I go back to my main abilities screen, all of my hero's regular abilities (for my mage: blizzard, blink, etc.) that I have never even touched are reverting back.

Here's a picture to better describe it
_________
[] [] [] [] |
[][] [x]| <--- spell/ability icons for my hero ([x] is the level up icon,
_________| where you can choose the spells you want to advance in
just like with regular games. () is the armor spellbook.

after
_________
|
[x]10 | <--- after crafting the iron shield, all that is left is my armor
_________| spellbook, and the level up spellbook, which is saying I
have 10 unspent points on abilities.

The Big S

Reaction score
Possibly...although this is the only spell-related trigger I have made O_O I'll keep searching though :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.