Spellbooks - Adding and Removing Skills

twisterghost

Reaction score
So, with spellbooks, to add/remove skills, do you add every possibly addable skill to the skill list, then remove them all via a trigger and add the ones you want?

I see the add/remove skill actions, but how do you do it for just in the spellbook for a unit?

I'm new to spellbooks, so any help is great. I just need to be able to add and remove spells from a spellbook.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Firstly, you need 3 abilities:

- the Spellbook which will show up on your unit
- a container Spellbook with the same order id as the "right" spellbook
- the actual spell inside the container Spellbook

Next, you need to disable the container Spellbook for all players on map initialization to remove the icon it gives.

Lastly, to add the actual spell to the "right" Spellbook, you have to add the disabled container Spellbook to the unit.

The trick is that the "right" Spellbook will inherit the spell inside the container one because of the same order id.

twisterghost

Reaction score
So you need a container spellbook for every skill you want to add to the usable spellbook? Fair enough. Can you add and remove the skills at will with this method?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
So you need a container spellbook for every skill you want to add to the usable spellbook? Fair enough. Can you add and remove the skills at will with this method?

Yes, you can remove them at will any time you want.

And this works for multiple units as well unlike the "disable/enable ability for player" method.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.