[spellrequest] 4 DotA spells

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I will try to create a shorter version... MUI and MPI...(I hope) Anyway I'll just try... I'll post later if I was able to create it...

gref

Reaction score
Mmk...but as I mention just above (I editted my post), theres nothing you can really get rid of and have the same effect.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Well the one I posted is MUI...

I could be mistaken, but the one you posted seems to be able to only have one backstab occur at the same time on the entire map.

Would be really lucky to fire the same trigger twice, but still :)

gref

Reaction score
You're mistaken :D

If you mean the Trigger On/Off thing, well there is no wait between them, so it effectively is instant.
There is virtually no potential for another unit on the map to hit in between that.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I have a question... How do you calculate the angle??? If somehow, I could, I may create another trigger of BackStab.... Sorry I've been away from the PC for about 2 hours...

gref

Reaction score
(Abs(((Facing of (Damage source)) - (Facing of (Triggering unit))))) Less than 60.00

That will get the 120 degrees behind the unit.
|-60| -> |60| (|| means absolute value)

So for example, if the attacking unit is facing 330 degrees, and the attacked is facing 360 degrees. 330 - 360 = -30. |-30| = 30. 30 < 60 therefore the angle is appropriate for a backstab.

If you question was about the logic: a unit must face a unit to attack, or be turning to face a unit, and the unit must be facing about the same as the unit it is attacking.

Logic: ( <x = attacker <o = attacked)

<o <x is a a backstab, because the angles they are facing are similar, and the unit is turned to face the unit he is attacking.
<x <o is not a backstab, and will not be picked up by the trigger, because the front unit will turn when it moves to attack

^ <o and V <o are not backstabs because the unit will turn towards the unit it is attacking ( x> <o) like that, and it wont be picked up by the algorithm

<o ^ and <o V can potentially be backstabs, because the unit will probably turn enough to be facing the right way.

L

Lowhunter

thx, gref ^^
but what spell must i edit to create backstab?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Here's my backstab version....

The trigger to do Backstab!!

Code:
BackSTab Reinvented
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of [B]BackStab[/B] for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        ((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
    Actions
        Set Angle = (Integer(((Facing of (Attacked unit)) - (Facing of (Attacking unit)))))
        For each (Integer A) from 120 to 240, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Angle + 180) Equal to (Integer A)
                    Then - Actions
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Attacked unit) using [I]Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HeroBloodElfBlood.mdl[/I]
                        Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
                        Set SFX[Integer] = (Last created special effect)
                        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((Real((Level of [B]BackStab[/B] for (Attacking unit)))) x (0.25 x (Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                    Else - Actions
Replace the one thats BOLD into the dummy passive ability you want...
Replace the ITALIC to the special effect you want... Mine is blood...

The trigger to remove Leaks

Code:
Remove FX
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to Integer, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Special Effect - Destroy SFX[(Integer A)]
        Set Integer = 0

gref

Reaction score
Theres a problem with that one erta...which is why i did it the other way.
If you miss, then they still take backstab damage; which is wrong.

To put my backstab in your game, just put the triggers in as shown, change Backstab (NERA) to the new dummy ability you use, and it will work.
Just edit spiked carapace as the dummy ability, and change damage return and armor etc to 0.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Oh... Yeah... Why I didn't thought of that.... Anyway, at least I'm beginning to understand the angle part... Anyway, thanks...

I have a question... Does adding events leaks??? I mean, If there are over 1000 units in the map, then there would be 1000 events right??

gref

Reaction score
They won't leak like a position leaks, because they don't get called thousands of times a second, and they don't slow the game down unless you have poorly written code inside. I mean if you have a code that leaks in that trigger before you have a condition excluding most of the units, then it will create thousands of leaks every couple of seconds.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
So that's mean I have no worries... I stopped doing this ability I called 'Cleaving Force' because I thought events would leak.... Hehe good thing you told me that...

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Permanent Invisibility is a default wc3 ability.
You need to trigger the others.

Blink Strike is the most basic, just use "move unit instantly to target position" and Unit - damage unit. Base it on channel or something.

Backstab is a bit more advanced, need to compare facing angles of both the units.

Smoke screen, not sure about this one, it creates a dummy unit with the cloud model, silence and curse are cast on units wihin it.

Smoke Screen is done on a ablity of summon infernal. And summons a blue cloud model like u siad. That has a passive ablity that gives every enmey unit a buff. "Then theres a triggr that looks for that buff the dummy unit cast on that unit. Something like that

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I think you need to trigger Permanent invisibility because of its Fade Time....

Smokescreen ability, done that months ago....... But its for my Shadow Ranger.

Blink Strike, use channel.....

Back Stab, do it just like gref did...

L

Lowhunter

gref, the backstab wont work on my map =(
i created all the triggers u posted but when i tested, it will do extra dmg if i attack from the front. >.<
gref, can u make a downloadable map with a working backstab?

and any1 can make smoke screen, permanent invisibility and Blink strike to me?

trigger_newb

Reaction score
well i'm a noob and don't know much
but im pretty sure blink strike should be based off
an ability: storm bolt or any time of skills like storm bolt
then what you have to do for the trigger is
made the triggering unit move instantly to target point or target unit or sumthing like that
and make it deal like normal dmagae or sumthing like
dmg equal to 25x level of ability (trust me on this one i made blink strike b4:D )

perma invis: default skill

cloud: no idea..

backstab: hmm im not sure
but i think that you should make a trigger where a unit is attacked then if the unit it attacked at a certain angle (from the back or the side), it deals extra dmg like (25% times level of ability) of agility)
well i hope this helps and good luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.