Spells wont work

Mmage

Reaction score
Why wont these 2 trigger-enhanced spells work?

This one is supposted to make mirages as you run along (Part One):
Code:
Mirage Dash  Dash
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Mirage Dash 
    Actions
        Set MirageUser = (Casting unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Mirage Dash Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Casting unit)
        Trigger - Turn on Mirage Dash  Mirage <gen>
        Countdown Timer - Start MirageDash as a Repeating timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
        Wait 45.00 game-time seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Mirage Dash  Mirage <gen>

(Part Two)

Code:
Mirage Dash  Mirage
    Events
        Time - MirageDash expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Mirage Dash Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning Mirage
User

I took the Illusions from the Item style spell and switched the order string to chain lightning, someone told me that the orders come down to the order strings. The bloodlust is for speed increase.

This one is supposted to drop a smoke bomb as you blink away:
Code:
Smoke Bomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Smoke Bomb 
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Smoke Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 20.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud (Position of (Last created unit))

Can anyone tell me why these arent functioning?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I took the Illusions from the Item style spell and switched the order string to chain lightning, someone told me that the orders come down to the order strings. The bloodlust is for speed increase.

Even if you change the order string to anything it won't help you. You can't use another orderstring that is why using 2 spells based on the same spell will cast both of them even if you change the orderstring.

Try finding the orderstring id of the item illusion spell.

Code:
Check ID
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
    Actions
        Custom script:   call BJDebugMsg(I2S(GetIssuedOrderId()))

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Orc_Tamer is right, so you need to find Item Illusion's Order ID, or make it an Item so the unit can use the item on the Caster.

But I heard that the Order Id of Item Illusion is 852274, so use Custom Script :

Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())

This orders Last Created Unit to cast Item Illusion to Triggering Unit.

Mmage

Reaction score
Well, that would work, but one thing, the mirage dash cast and the illusion item cast are in 2 diffrent triggers, this is so that i can make it cast on the user every 5 seconds (use a timer), instead of triggering unit, i use a variable (MirageUser) for targeting. Would it be possible to change the triggering unit to my variable? And what about the smoke bomb, why wont it work?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, udg_YourVariable)

About the Smokescreen.... judging from the triggers, it should've worked....
Try changing the event to 'Starts the effect of an ability"
And your triggers leak a lot.

Mmage

Reaction score
im just doing this for a freind, my priority was speed, not profesialism (bad grammer attacks!) or non-leaking. Ill try this stuff in a bit.

Edit:I changed the 2 triggers but the spells still dont work.

Smoke Bomb

Code:
Smoke Bomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Smoke Bomb 
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Smoke Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 20.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud (Position of (Last created unit))

Mirages

Code:
Mirage Dash  Mirage
    Events
        Time - MirageDash expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Custom script:   call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, udg_MirageUser)

why arent they working now?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.