Spells

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
To make it faster make the offset bigger from 5 to 10 or if you want him to fly across the map make it 500

Dest

Reaction score
To make it faster make the offset bigger from 5 to 10 or if you want him to fly across the map make it 500

Oh I see.

I'm trying to create a new dummy unit that if the storm bolt is casted the dummy unit will cast the crushing wave to the enemy. The problem is how do I make the dummy unit to cast it? I've been looknig in the unit list and can't find it. Hmm, I think I'll look at some spells.

Gtam

Reaction score
Its order targeting a point not unit. Well you grow up so fast now go and create GUI master pieces. Btw it will do you good to read a MUI tut so you can make stuff MUI. Download some aproved Gui spells and learn from that.

Dest

Reaction score
Its order targeting a point not unit. Well you grow up so fast now go and create GUI master pieces. Btw it will do you good to read a MUI tut so you can make stuff MUI. Download some aproved Gui spells and learn from that.

Thanks. I can't rep you now, have to spread a bit, but just remind me if I forgot.

Anyway, I can't find Crushing waves on the list of point-targeted. Oh well, I'll change the spell to frost breath.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Anyway, I can't find Crushing waves on the list of point-targeted.

Ah, that's because Crushing Wave uses the same order as Carrion Swarm, so use Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm. :D

You can usually figure out those oddities by looking in the object editor at the spell you're trying to cast, and see what is in the Text - Order String fields. (Unfortunately, even if you change it for the spell, WC3 won't actually treat it differently, except for the spell Channel which is a special case. For the most part, just look and see what the default is.)

Dest

Reaction score
Ah, that's because Crushing Wave uses the same order as Carrion Swarm, so use Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm. :D

You can usually figure out those oddities by looking in the object editor at the spell you're trying to cast, and see what is in the Text - Order String fields. (Unfortunately, even if you change it for the spell, WC3 won't actually treat it differently, except for the spell Channel which is a special case. For the most part, just look and see what the default is.)

Breath of Frost works. But there's one tiny bug. When I begin to cast the storm bolt, the BoF is casted, to, but it casts back of the unit which doesn't attack it. I gave it a high mana, so it casted randomly. :p (Dw about that, I fixed that for mana)

How do I stop it? Here's my trigger:

Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TEMP = (Position of Unit2)
      • Set TEMP2 = (TEMP offset by 20.00 towards (Facing of Unit1) degrees)
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of Unit2)
      • Unit - Create 1 Zone Indicator (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of Unit2) at TEMP facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Breath Of Frost TEMP2
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
      • Unit - Move Unit2 instantly to TEMP2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP2)

Zone indicator is a dummy unit
Trigger:
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt (dwarf)
    • Actions
      • Set Unit1 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Unit2 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on Trigger 1 <gen>
      • Wait 3.50 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Trigger 1 <gen>

Gtam

Reaction score
Why are you seting temp_point just use temp and make temp_point position of temp offset 5 towards unit 1

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
but it casts back of the unit which doesn't attack it.
I'm not sure what that means. :confused: Could you rephrase?

Also, you really shouldn't use a wait, especially not in a periodic trigger and when you're using variables. Most times that you use a wait, you would need to remove the variables before the wait and re-create them afterward, because otherwise if the trigger runs again during that wait (which it will, in this case, because it runs every 0.03 seconds) it will re-set the variables before they have been removed and will leak - and worse, another run of the trigger might be removing the variables that you're still trying to use after the wait.

Instead of waiting and then removing the dummy, give it an expiration timer. It might also help to create it at a facing angle that's already pointing in the direction you want it to cast, so it won't have to turn first.

Dest

Reaction score
Why are you seting temp_point just use temp and make temp_point position of temp offset 5 towards unit 1

Doesn't work. I gtg, can you fix the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TEMP = (Position of Unit2)
      • Set TEMP2 = (TEMP offset by 20.00 towards (Facing of Unit1) degrees)
      • Set Temp_Point = (TEMP offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of Unit1) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Zone Indicator (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of Unit2) at TEMP facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Breath Of Frost TEMP2
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
      • Unit - Move Unit2 instantly to TEMP2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP2)

Thanks cya

Gtam

Reaction score
Hey weep cake is still learning so could you plz let me help him. I dont want to be rude but we both cant teach him

Gtam

Reaction score
Temp_point shouldnt be facing of unit1 is should be towards unit 1

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.