Stopping a unit from Channeling with triggers.

Kitt

Reaction score
This is an offshoot question from something I'm working on, but since it's completely unrelated to my previous issue, I figured it would be best to make a new thread for it.

I currently have a spell that is meant to "convert" buildings. However, it takes time to convert, and if there is nothing to convert within the AoE, I want the game to display an error message and then stop the unit from wasting time channeling.

The spell is based off of Channel and is set to have a follow through time of 10 seconds and a cast time of 10 seconds. I've tried issuing the unit to do various things from moving to stopping, none of which seem to have any effect. The unit will still finish channeling.

Does anyone know of a way to stop a unit from channeling via triggers? Thanks in advance for any and all help =)

Meow.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm. It's odd that you can't stop the spell by ordering the unit to move. What if you stunned the unit? That should stop the spell.

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
In your Channel ability, do you perhaps have "Data - Disable Other Abilities" set to True?

Kitt

Reaction score
I did a bit more playing around and tried some of the suggestion you guys gave. After changing options and messing with triggers, it seems that under the Channel spell, Cast Time cannot be interrupted unless you do some nasty Trigger tricks. Follow Through Time, however, can be.

You have to set Follow Through Time to whatever you want the cast duration to be. If you want to detect when the spell has finished casting, make sure to use the "Finishes casting an ability". And, to cancel it, just order the unit to move to the exact spot they are already in. (stop and hold position cause the unit to continue the casting animation)

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone else as well =)

Meow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.