Strange Unit Placement

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a problem with an action in one of my triggers.
I made a piece of grass in the midst of terrain which is unbuildable. On the piece of grass I placed a building which fits there perfectly, so it the building is as big as the grass.
Now the problem, I used the "Unit - Replace" action to replace the building with a building that has the same pathing as the other building, so it should fit perfectly on the grass. The problem is, that sometimes it does stand on the piece of grass I put there, but the other times it just turns up at another (close) place with grass where it fits, so it doesn't appear at the right place, but it does appear somewhere else...

Anyone knows how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Battle[StFh]

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
That is because the building can't be placed there...sometimes the unit can sometimes it can not. The reason to this is because the Position of a Unit is not exactly the center of a unit and the Replace Unit Replaces the Unit and creates another one at the Position Not the Exact Point of the Unit

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
by what Hero said above if he is right i guess u should try removing it and create 1 at point of this unit...

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Doom-Angel said:
by what Hero said above if he is right i guess u should try removing it and create 1 at point of this unit...

I tried that, even with a wait of 0.5 second in between removing the unit and placing the new unit, but it didn't work, so, does anyone know how I can fix that problem?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
if u replace it in a buildable terrain it makes u the same problem?

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a problem with an action in one of my triggers.
I made a piece of grass in the midst of terrain which is unbuildable. On the piece of grass I placed a building which fits there perfectly, so it the building is as big as the grass.
Now the problem, I used the "Unit - Replace" action to replace the building with a building that has the same pathing as the other building, so it should fit perfectly on the grass. The problem is, that sometimes it does stand on the piece of grass I put there, but the other times it just turns up at another (close) place with grass where it fits, so it doesn't appear at the right place, but it does appear somewhere else...

Anyone knows how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Battle[StFh]

Well if you try to replace a footman in a empty map you will see that he will not stand in the same place (Don't ask me why...). What you could is set the postion into a variable (Local of couse) and remove the unit the create unit at location. (Will require some JASS...)

Hope it helps :)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You could just say Set temppoint = (position of (old building))
Remove (old building) from the game
Create 1 (new building) at temppoint facing default building facing. That should work, then it places it at the mid of the unit + removes it first, which will probably fix your problem.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Well if you try to replace a footman in a empty map you will see that he will not stand in the same place (Don't ask me why...). What you could is set the postion into a variable (Local of couse) and remove the unit the create unit at location. (Will require some JASS...)

Hope it helps :)

You could just say Set temppoint = (position of (old building))
Remove (old building) from the game
Create 1 (new building) at temppoint facing default building facing. That should work, then it places it at the mid of the unit + removes it first, which will probably fix your problem.

Thanks for your reply in the first place :)

You both give the same solution though, and I already tried this before posting on this forum and it didn't work... :nuts:

Somehow it just won't pick the center of the unit so the other unit will still be placed somewhere else :confused:

Any other solutions?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
if u try doing the same thing just on a buildable terrain would u have the same problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.