Other Stronghold Crusader in Warcraft III

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I've been working on a Warcraft map based on Stronghold Crusader with as much features as possible from Stronhold Crusader such as walkers, stockpiles, popularity etc... added to the map. The map is nearing alpha status, so I will be needing some testers soon, but now I'm happy to show what I'm working on.

Code:
[U]Key Concepts[/U]

Code:
[U]Food[/U]

Food is one of your most important resources, it is gained from various sources. 
Your peasants need to be fed. You can also increase or decrease the amount of food 
you give to your peasants, resulting in a bonus or a penalty to your popularity.

Code:
[U]Popularity[/U]

Popularity is another important factor in managing your castle. As long as your
popularity stays above fifty, people will continue to come to your castle.
When your popularity drops below fifty, people will start leaving.
Popularity changes over time depending on various factors, for example
high taxes make it drop, while giving lots of food makes it rise.

Code:
[U]Housing[/U]

Your workers need lodging of course, so you have to provide them with
houses to live in. Of course they also have other demands, but as long as
you keep them happy (keep popularity above 50), they'll work for you.
It is important to keep them happy, since all your buildings require labourers
and you need labourers to train troops.

Code:
[U]Buildings[/U]

Code:
[U]Stockpile[/U]
The Stockpile is the location where all your goods (except food) are stored.

Code:
[U]Granery[/U]
The Granery is the location where your food is stored. Here you can change
the amount of food you hand out to your peasants, ranging from No Rations 
(no food handed out, -8 popularity) to Double Rations (double food handed 
out, +8 popularity)

Code:
[U]Woodcutter Hut[/U]
The Woodcutter chops down trees and saws them to planks before bringing them
to your Stockpile. Wood is an important resource for building and weaponry.

Code:
[U]Apple Farm[/U]
The Apple farm provides a steady amount of food. It has to be build on fertile land.

Code:
[U]Wheat Farm[/U]
The Wheat farm grows wheat.

Code:
[U]Mill[/U]
The Mill grinds the wheat from the wheat farm to flour.

Code:
[U]Bakery[/U]
The Bakery makes bread out of the flour from the mill.

Code:
[U]Chapel[/U]
The Priest who lives in the Chapel goes out to bless people. 
You get a popularity bonus depending on the amount of 
people blessed.

Code:
[U]Hops Farm[/U]
The Hops Farm grows hops, which can be turned into ale.

Code:
[U]Brewery[/U]
The Brewer takes hops from the stockpile and turns it into tasty ale.

Code:
[U]Inn[/U]
The Innkeeper picks up barrels of ale at the stockpile. Inn's provide a bonus
to popularity if supplied with ale.

Code:
[U]Merchant[/U]
Here you can buy and sell various resources.

Code:
[U]Barracks[/U]
The Barracks is the location where all your regular soldiers are recruited.

Code:
[U]Mercenary Camp[/U]
In the Mercenary Camp a diverse array of mercenaries await your service for a modest
fee.

Code:
[U]Engineer's Guild[/U]
The training place for higly intelligent artisans who can make you a diverse range of
siegecraft.

Code:
[U]Iron Mine[/U]
Needs to be build near rocky outcrops. Harvest iron ore and melts it to iron bars 
before bringing it to the stockpile.

Code:
[U]Hovel[/U]
Provides habitation for 8 peasants.

Code:
[U]Stables[/U]
The stable provides lodging for up to four horses, which are required to train
knights.

Code:
[U]Well[/U]
The Well boys are trained to put out fires in your castle.

Code:
[U]Poleturner Workshop[/U]
Picks up wood form the stockpile to fashion it into sturdy spears.

Code:
[U]Fletcher Workshop[/U]
Uses wood from the stockpile to make strong bows.

Code:
[U]Armorsmith[/U]
Takes iron bars from the stockpile and hammers them to shiny metal armor

Code:
[U]Blacksmith[/U]
Makes broad swords out of iron taken from the stockpile.

Code:
[U]Units[/U]

Code:
[U]Spearman[/U]
A cheap melee unit armed with a spear. Useful as canon fodder.

Code:
[U]Archer[/U]
Basic ranged unit armed with long range bows.

Code:
[U]Swordman[/U]
Heavily armed and armored unit with a very slow movement speed.

Code:
[U]Pikeman[/U]
Heavily armored unit, faster than swordman, though somewhat lacking in attack.

Code:
[U]Knight[/U]
Heavily armed, armored and very fast, the knight is one of your supreme 
fighting units.

Code:
[U]Catapult[/U]
Built by the engineer, the catapult has superior range and AoE damage.

Code:
[U]Ballista[/U]
Though lacking the AoE of the catapult, the ballista has superior single target damage.

Code:
[U]Arabian Bowman (Mercenary)[/U]
Expensive archer, but superior to the regular archer.

Code:
[U]Slave (Mercenary)[/U]
Unit armed with nothing more than a torch, making it very weak in melee. However
it has the advantage of being capable of setting buildings on fire.

Code:
[U]Assassin (Mercenary)[/U]
A deadly assassin, capable of scaling walls, who sneaks around across 
the battlefield.

Some Screenshots

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

Attachments

• (2) Stronghold Alpha.w3x
    380.2 KB · Views: 302

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Added a playable, but not yet finished version of the map. I would appreciate it you tried it and gave some comments and remarks about the map.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Added a new version of the map and some extra info. Is there noone interested in trying this map?

Chewbalka

Reaction score
ill defenetly try it out, i use to play crusader stronghold for quite some time, 1 thing im wondering, is it possible to build destroy the castle walls?
it looks like the castles are using terrain hightfields as the castle walls meaning they cant.
but i guess this is because you want the walls to be walkable on like the game?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Thanks for being interested and trying the map.
I wanted to make the wall buildable, but I realised that if i wanted them to be walkable there would be some very difficult triggering. So I used regular terrrain. Maybe I'll add buildable walls in a later version if I can figure out how to do it.

pongpong

Reaction score
Hehe I recently playing the Stronghold Crusader Extreme..:D

I suggest to make your castle more alive, such as put more people..Make villagers wandering around. If possible, make peasant gatherings, and use trigger to replace the peasants as worker when a new building is built.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
@pongpong

Thanks for testing the map.

About the village gatherings, i'm already using a lot of unit groups for the different buildings, and because of this,
the game is already kind of laggy. I'm still going to rewrite part of the triggers to make them less heavy, but at
the time, I prefer not to add village gatherings. By the way, when you have a filled castle, there are already
lots of people walking around, so it's already very busy. But thanks for the interest and I'll certainly consider your remark.

Edit: I've updated the map. Hops farm, Brewery and Inn have been added. The tax and food management
system has been revised. Some of the trigger code has been made more efficient.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
i agree large gatherings isint actually that good of a idea unless its like in the game where they stay at the keep, all the traffic its difficult already to move military around.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
@chewbalka

Technically it would'nt be a problem, the large gatherings, since all workers have the ward classification, so if you're selecting military units, they are ignored in the selection. (+ all units have 0 collision size like in stronghold).

Pettunia

Reaction score
How about you make some "spells" for the lord, like rain arrows, or summon knights as in the crusader extreme?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.