Stun

0rcL0rd

Reaction score
Hi,

Im creating a TD, and i want to have a tower wich can stun a unit for 3 seconds.

I tryed to do it this way but it failed :
Ability : Bash (Neutral Hostile 1)
Targets Allowed : Ground

And in the Ability itself :
Change to Bash : 100
Damage Bonus : 0
Never Miss : True
Stats - Duration - Normal : 3
Targets Allowed : Ground

Am i doing something wrong here?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Bash does not work for ranged units :(

You could change the tower's Combat - Weapon Type to "Normal" instead of "Missile", but then the projectile will dissappear

Happy

Reaction score
you have 2 possibilities :

1. using a spell (ranged) with a stun function in it (like the rock throwing of the golem)....whether its triggered then to be casted sometimes or casted manually is your choice....also whether it has a model etc...

2. trigger it...make a dummy unit give it the bash ability...create it at the position of the unit that shall be stunned and order the dummy to attack....make sure it has no damage and 100% bash chance...

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
you have 2 possibilities :

1. using a spell (ranged) with a stun function in it (like the rock throwing of the golem)....whether its triggered then to be casted sometimes or casted manually is your choice....also whether it has a model etc...

2. trigger it...make a dummy unit give it the bash ability...create it at the position of the unit that shall be stunned and order the dummy to attack....make sure it has no damage and 100% bash chance...

Its easier to give the tower a ranged "melee" attack and trigger an animation for the attack instead.

If a projectile is desperately required, make a constant dummy unit with the ranged stun spell at the position of the tower, casting the spell (which has the same speed as the tower's attack) immediately whenever the tower attacks.

A note on this is to decide whether the stun should work on magic immune units or not. If it should, then Bash is required, and once again none of the options enables the stun to appear exactly when the projectile hits (at least not in GUI)

shiFt

Reaction score
I think, as the tower is auto attacking it might not be triggering the bash ability, as only targeted attacks on most % chance vanilla abilities will fire. ie) orb of slow does not fie on auto but on targetted attacks only.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
ie) orb of slow does not fie on auto but on targetted attacks only.
As you say, it is true for Orb of Slow and Orb of Lightning, but Bash and Critical Strike (and Pulverize, I think) will occur even for units that are auto-attacking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.