Summoning Buildings

Azedenkae

Reaction score
Ok, I am creating a custom building, and I need it to be summonable by an unit. The problem is I don't know how.

I tried to search for that ability, and its not there. I also tried to base the building on the undead buildings, but it doesn't work.

So how? :(

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
your summons means how?
Like a unit cast a spell then the building appear?
after a period of time the unit will disappear?
Or u need something like some event had been accur then a building spawn?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I also tried to base the building on the undead buildings, but it doesn't work.

The Undead summon their structures because the builder has "Undead" as race.
That's it already.
The structures as such are in the usual "structures build" list.
The race of the building doesn't matter.

Azedenkae

Reaction score
wow omg thanks it works ^^

never thought of that acehart, was about to make a custom acrolyte and replace all the data. You saved me alot of work XD

EDIT:

Ook ><

another problem, how can I make the animation, the moment it starts building, similar to when the acrolytes do so? :(

zoll3

Reaction score
Hi .. another thing u could do .. If you know the hero "Tinker" he got the ability "Factory" and that makes him spawn a building that spawns Clockwerk goblins ..

Find the ability .. change the icon to whatever you want .. then go to the units and find the goblin factory .. and change model .. then go to the ability and do so it dosent spawn units anymore .. or whatever you want .. then if you want for example a blademaster to summon a building that creates 1 footman evry 30 seconds ..

First you go make custom unit ( blademaster ) .. go to his abilities .. delete 1 of them .. then now you go to the Abilities .. make custom ability .. ( factory ) .. now There should be 2 like this:

Data - Spawn Interval
Data - Spawn UnitID

in the spawn interval you set it to 30.00

and in the spawn unit id .. you set it to footman..

now go to the unit again .. and find the factory .. then go change the model to the building u want .. and go to the ability and change the name and so ..

DONE! .. now you got your Blademaster with the footmen building summoner ability :p

gl with it

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> how can I make the animation, the moment it starts building, similar to when the acrolytes do so?

What animation exactly are you refering to?
If you mean the greenish thing running circles, that's part of the building's birth animation...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.