System Requirements

KILLJAW

Reaction score
I went to Can You Run It? To determine if I could run Crysis on my computer, and for the recommended requirements, my results were a little confusing;

sysreqscr.jpg

According to the table, I should have more than enough Video RAM to handle it. Does it matter that I have 256mb dedicated vs. 620mb, if overall I have 1.7gb?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Trust me, barley meeting the requirements wont let you play Crysis.

I recently bought a brand new gaming PC (look at Ghan's rig, basically the same thing as his). It chugs when things get busy.

It probably wont be able to run it.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
RAM is not necessarily the most important part to a video card. The difference between the 8600GT and 8800GTS is quite large, especially since the 8600 you have there is a laptop card. Laptop cards are already slower than their desktop counterparts.

In the list of graphics cards by power, the 8800M GTS ranks 31. (Keep in mind that this is also the laptop version, which is less powerful than the recommended card already.) The 8600M GT ranks 85.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Looks like you did pass the minimum but it's just recommending an upgrade to get the best experience. I'm not familiar with the game but you can probably crank down the detail settings and try it with the system you have.

KILLJAW

Reaction score
Alright, I suppose I'll forgo trying out Crysis until I can get an upgrade on my video card. Thank you all for your input :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.