take more DMG ability

J

JJooKKoo

A need ability that when cast on enemy that enemy to take more dmg from attacks .Is there ready skill for that or i must use trigger i how to do it

Reaction score
If you want the unit to take more damage from everything, then you'll have to trigger it. If you only want the unit to take more damage from attacks, armor reduction is best.

J

JJooKKoo

i wish the enemy to take lets say 30% more dmg from normal attacks
but i cam make another skills that make enemy unit take more dmg from spell attacks , and from all kind of attacks . With armor reduction i cannot set the exact % witch i wont unit to take . So what trigger i should use for all three possibility (more dmg from - normal attacks , spell attacks , and all attacks )

Reaction score
i wish the enemy to take lets say 30% more dmg from normal attacks
but i cam make another skills that make enemy unit take more dmg from spell attacks , and from all kind of attacks . With armor reduction i cannot set the exact % witch i wont unit to take . So what trigger i should use for all three possibility (more dmg from - normal attacks , spell attacks , and all attacks )

30% more damage from normal attacks:
Not possible as far as you need be concerned.​

30% more damage from spell attacks: not possible unless you either:
A. Use a complicated damage checking system that is not practical for the sake of a single ability.​

B. Add a spell resistance ability with a negative value to the target and then remove it after a certain duration. (this will not stack properly with hero armor spell resistance and will not stack at all with other spell resistance abilities).​

30% more damage from all damage types:

Code:
Damage Amp
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has buff <Buff from your damage amp spell>) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (0.30 x (Damage taken)) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown

Code:
Damage Amp Apply
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to <Your damage amplification spell>
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Damage Amp <gen> the event (Unit - (Target unit of ability being cast) Takes damage)

Void

Reaction score
Spell damage increase is possible, there's an item "runed bracelets" or something like that that decreases spell damage by 33%, just change 33% to -30%.

J

JJooKKoo

nice trigger thanks for it i will try it but i am pretty sure it will work .I will use only ability that increase dmg from all attacks not a big problem

J

JJooKKoo

it need a little correction to work property
Code:
Damage Amp
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has buff More DMG taken ) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Damage source) Equal to DMGunit
            Then - Actions
                Set DMGunit = No unit
            Else - Actions
                Set DMGunit = (Damage source)
                Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (3.00 x (Damage taken)) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown

otherwise the game crashes because when damage triggering unit the trigger run again and that becomes unending loop .I wrote that if someone wish to use such skill

Reaction score
it need a little correction to work property
Code:
Damage Amp
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has buff More DMG taken ) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Damage source) Equal to DMGunit
            Then - Actions
                Set DMGunit = No unit
            Else - Actions
                Set DMGunit = (Damage source)
                Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (3.00 x (Damage taken)) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown

otherwise the game crashes because when damage triggering unit the trigger run again and that becomes unending loop .I wrote that if someone wish to use such skill

Yes, sorry, my mistake, and one I make often.

Try this:

Code:
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
You guys are delving too far into the situation. There still is one outlet. It comes in handy.

Have you tried a Negative-fielded Berserk?

EDIT: Just from attacks? Just listen to Post #2. Plenty of Armor reduction will help. Acid Bomb, Faerie Fire, Negative Inner Fire, it all works.

And if you want it to take damage from all, well, Berserk works.

Reaction score
You guys are delving too far into the situation. There still is one outlet. It comes in handy.

Have you tried a Negative-fielded Berserk?

EDIT: Just from attacks? Just listen to Post #2. Plenty of Armor reduction will help. Acid Bomb, Faerie Fire, Negative Inner Fire, it all works.

And if you want it to take damage from all, well, Berserk works.

Berserk is a not a targeted ability. Otherwise it would be perfect.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You could use Channel to target, then add the modified Beserk to the target and order the unit to use it.

Cheddar

Reaction score
Just what I was about to say.

Simply put,

Code:
Add (Modified Berserk) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Orc Troll Berserker -- Berserk)
Remove (Modified Berserk) from (Target unit of ability being cast)

Reaction score
Just what I was about to say.

Simply put,

Code:
Add (Modified Berserk) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Orc Troll Berserker -- Berserk)
Remove (Modified Berserk) from (Target unit of ability being cast)

This solution is really not excusable considering how easily the problem can be solved with triggers. With your method, if the target is silenced or stunned, the spell won't work. Orders and channels will be interrupted. Spell shields will fail to block it correctly, and an ability suddenly appearing, casting itself and disappearing on a unit would look thoroughly odd. Additionally, the constant adding and removing of the ability may cause annoying lag when the spell is cast.

When the trigger based solution is clearly superior and quite easy to implement, why would you even recommend this? :confused:

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Guys i think the pulverize ability of the earth bear(the one of the three bears when the panda splits...) with 10 area of effect will do.He simply has to chance the field so that there is a 100% chance to do so.

JJooKKoo hear my advice.You wont lose. :p

Cheddar

Reaction score
This solution is really not excusable considering how easily the problem can be solved with triggers. With your method, if the target is silenced or stunned, the spell won't work. Orders and channels will be interrupted. Spell shields will fail to block it correctly, and an ability suddenly appearing, casting itself and disappearing on a unit would look thoroughly odd. Additionally, the constant adding and removing of the ability may cause annoying lag when the spell is cast.

When the trigger based solution is clearly superior and quite easy to implement, why would you even recommend this? :confused:

How about a customly made Rune of Berserk? Seems that it wouldn't be bypassed unless your target has no inventory.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.