Terrain Request Thread

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Howa bout 4-5? If you wish to add more, feel free :p

Some should be using those lava and dungeon-like tilesets but others can be cut off from mountains and the forests etc.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
although I'd be happy to do the instances for you, i think its better if you do them - What i've done is extended the Map to the left and created a template dungeon for you. You should create Instance Entrances in the big world and then trigger it so the units are moved to that specific dungeon. I've created on for you (as i said ^^) for you to see what i mean :) This way you can personalize it more :)

duderock101

Reaction score
Got a request via PM which I will work on straight away, this list is pretty empty so i'm willing to make small-medium sized maps straight away

NeuroToxin

Map Size:160x160

Terrain Textures: Forest

Extra Info: 10 Bases, 1 witch doctor Base, Loads of Creep Camps

Map Type: A meele map with a common enemy

EDIT: Completed NeuroToxin's terrain.

FortyTilFive

Reaction score
Hey man I have a request if you have the time. :)

Map Size: 192x192

Terrain Textures: Grassland/Hillside area

Extra Info: One player starts out on a plateu sort of area, where they can build a castle.

Map Type: Modified Melee, One play starts in an elevated area where they build a castle and defend from the 3 other players, however the game plays like a normal ladder game against a towered/expoed player.

Anything Else: Perhaps a dungeon that can be enterered on two sides, one for each faction. this dungeon would allow enough space for a hero and 3 or 4 units to pass through.

When do you need it by?: Whatever suits you.

Crimson

Reaction score
Can I request a map as well?

Map Size:192x192

Terrain Textures: Black Citadel or Outland

Extra Info: It looks like a typical AoS map like but the entrances to the main base should have gates. The main base is at the top right corner and should be the biggest one. As to how big it is, maybe big enough that it can have 2 copies of every building a race can build. The map has three paths, a top, middle and bottom and those paths should contain 1 base each. If you can, can you make the bases at the path loosely connected? That's for the top half of the map. The bottom half is similar to the top half only can you make the main base have a fortress/castle look? The main base at the bottom half doesn't have gates.

Map Type: A bit of a cross between modified melee and AoS

Anything Else: Well the map looks a bit like DOTA's but can you make maybe two areas that are suitable for bosses? If you can fit in creep camps then can you make their camps look like mini-villages? You know, like the ones in campaign mode where they have huts and stuff.

When do you need it by?: Whenever's fine with me.

leak-

Reaction score
Map Size: 96 x 96
(looking for a 2 laned symmetric AoS map)

Terrain Textures: Ashenvale

Extra Info:
  • One base in top left hand corner of the map, and the other at the bottom right hand corner. each base has 2 entrances (leading to the lanes).
  • the bases should be spacious enough to put towers and raxes at the entrances of the lanes, as well as a couple of primary buildings in the middle. the bases should also have a specific area for the fountain/shops
  • the bases are on a hill, with cliffs and ramps leading to them
  • 2 lanes leading to each other from the bases (the lanes should cross the river). one should be easily able to be designated 'top lane' and the other 'bot lane'.
  • river running through the middle, from bottom left hand to top right hand. the river should be shallow.
  • lush jungles(various types of trees) on both sides of the river, with various spots for creep camps (you don't have to put them in). various entrances from the lanes into the jungles.
  • waterfalls are the end of the rivers
  • plentiful doodads around the map (optional, just if you feel like it :p)
  • the jungle terrain can look like that of DotA's

Map Type: As mentioned earlier, AoS.

When do you need it by?: As soon as you can. Preferably a couple days. I'm so looking forward to this! :)

duderock101

Reaction score
To the two people who requested the 192x192 maps. I'm not going to have enough time to do them within a few days, so i reccommend you start them yourself and then i will edit them when I can. The maps are too big to do within 1 day and make them look good.

leak-

Map Size: 96 x 96
(looking for a 2 laned symmetric AoS map)

Terrain Textures: Ashenvale

Extra Info:

* One base in top left hand corner of the map, and the other at the bottom right hand corner. each base has 2 entrances (leading to the lanes).
* the bases should be spacious enough to put towers and raxes at the entrances of the lanes, as well as a couple of primary buildings in the middle. the bases should also have a specific area for the fountain/shops
* the bases are on a hill, with cliffs and ramps leading to them
* 2 lanes leading to each other from the bases (the lanes should cross the river). one should be easily able to be designated 'top lane' and the other 'bot lane'.
* river running through the middle, from bottom left hand to top right hand. the river should be shallow.
* lush jungles(various types of trees) on both sides of the river, with various spots for creep camps (you don't have to put them in). various entrances from the lanes into the jungles.
* waterfalls are the end of the rivers
* plentiful doodads around the map (optional, just if you feel like it )
* the jungle terrain can look like that of DotA's

Map Type: As mentioned earlier, AoS.

When do you need it by?: As soon as you can. Preferably a couple days. I'm so looking forward to this!

I'll do this now.

EDIT: Completed it

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can only request 1 map at 1 time
Please Respect the fact that I've only got 2 hands and 8 fingers on each hand, and i cannot rush these if you want them great quality ^^. Enjoy, relax and wait for your Terrain to be made for you!
wow...i only have 5 fingers on each of my hands :D
so anyways, can i use the maps you made to inspire myself? even if just a little it might help me ;-)

duderock101

Reaction score
wow...i only have 5 fingers on each of my hands
so anyways, can i use the maps you made to inspire myself? even if just a little it might help me ;-)

haha sure, they are open to all unless the person requests its kept private.

Crimson

Reaction score
Can I change the request? I tried doing the 192x192 and it IS too big. If it's not too late I'd like to make these changes.

Map Size:128x160

Terrain Textures: Underground

Extra Info: The top half is a fortress. Can you use the man made cliff things as the walls of the fortress? The only entrance is at the right side and is guarded by a gate. The walls are two cliffs high except for the entrance portion which is four cliffs high. There's a two cliff high lane leading to the entrance and 1/4 of the size of the fortress should be four cliffs high but it should also have a ramps that'll allow it units to go to the lower areas. The back of the fortress should be a big mountain side or cliff, whichever you prefer. For the bottom half, can you make an encampment of orc buildings and make the area look ravaged and add an isolated area that looks like its inhabited by dragons?

Map Type: Modified Melee

Anything Else: If you know Helm's Deep Total war map, then the feel is similar to that. If the request is too much then can you just work on the top half? And if by chance you've started on that 192x192 map, then please disregard this and sorry for bothering you.

When do you need it by?: Whenever.

duderock101

Reaction score
Going to stop doing these due to a lack of public interest and personal time ^^ sorry ^^ but those that are avaiable may be used for the general public

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
Hey i have an idea for a very large map. Pretty much you can go as wild as you want as long as it looks nice, but there has to be room for civilisations to grow, taking into account that they can become very large late into the game. I started a thread on this idea so if you want some more idea you can look at it here
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/sho...-idea-i-have-D?p=1331989&posted=1#post1331989
So yeh if you feel like making this kind of map, i know its a big undertaking and you dont have to do it, i would greatly appreciate it and you will get credit for it if the map becomes popular

kadun

Reaction score
Tri-Force

Hi i got this map idea but i suck at making the terrain and i found tihs one

Map size 192:192

Extra:
Red dots = monster spawns (the big ones is harder)

The 3 black boxes is respawn places (with shops) its increased level by one, you need to be able to get on it

the black circle in the middle increased level by two and just around it some terrain with increased level by 1 and there need to be ramps the whole way up

And it would be great if you could do some custom design inside the white circle and just outside it

The map need to be green, you may put lakes and trees, and that kind of stuff

PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU DONt UNDERSTAND :)

I dont care if it takes some few days :)

but you can make it a 160x160 if it's easier :)

Map.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.