Discussion The coming financial collapse of the U.S. government: Fed papers reveal

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The bankruptcy of the United States government has been talked about for years by independent observers. If you've read the book, "Empire of Debt," then you know where the U.S. is headed financially. But most people have no idea about the ultimate financial consequences of decades of borrowing and spending by Washington, and they remain irrationally convinced that the status quo will remain intact for eternity. No one in any position of authority, you see, has yet admitted that the U.S. government is indeed going bankrupt.

Until now, that is.

In a remarkable paper posted by the Federal Reserve of St. Louis, and authored by a Boston University teacher named Prof Kotlikoff, it is revealed in blunt, powerful language that the era of borrowing and spending without consequence may soon come to a close. The paper, entitled, Is the United States Bankrupt?, may not remain posted for very long once the public gets word of what it actually says.

And what, exactly, does it say? For starters, Kotlikoff explains, "Unless the United States moves quickly to fundamentally change and restrain its fiscal behavior, its bankruptcy will become a foregone conclusion."

Last edited:

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
LOL, the above post was rather underinformed.

The huge burden is actually a measure of what a former president decided when the Gold Standard was removed from our dollar. Before he did that the country only owned as much cash as it had gold to back up, you had to revalue your gold to cash amount, but it still had the gold behind it. After that the federal reserve could just print more cash and borrow money that didnt exist.

The current spending is horrific, but its not the only thing and its added 2.5 trillion to the 70+ trillion monster that was already there.

Read the article in full, maybe you will learn something.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So when Arnold (California Governor) cuts on funds for schools and medical things and all that, he's doing the country a favor? >_<

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I've been saying that we need to cut or reduce our war and space budgets so we can get back on track as a country again.
Just my opinion.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
So when Arnold (California Governor) cuts on funds for schools and medical things and all that, he's doing the country a favor? >_<

They are talking about the Federal Govt here esb, not the California State govt. Different stuff completely.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
The bankruptcy of the United States government has been talked about for years by independent observers. If you've read the book, "Empire of Debt," then you know where the U.S. is headed financially. But most people have no idea about the ultimate financial consequences of decades of borrowing and spending by Washington, and they remain irrationally convinced that the status quo will remain intact for eternity. No one in any position of authority, you see, has yet admitted that the U.S. government is indeed going bankrupt.

Until now, that is.

In a remarkable paper posted by the Federal Reserve of St. Louis, and authored by a Boston University teacher named Prof Kotlikoff, it is revealed in blunt, powerful language that the era of borrowing and spending without consequence may soon come to a close. The paper, entitled, Is the United States Bankrupt?, may not remain posted for very long once the public gets word of what it actually says.

And what, exactly, does it say? For starters, Kotlikoff explains, "Unless the United States moves quickly to fundamentally change and restrain its fiscal behavior, its bankruptcy will become a foregone conclusion."

Read the whole story here.

My father used to talk about debt for as long as i can remember along with alot of other stuff like the id chip, sectioning of the states and more stuff people wont believe til it happens. I'm ready for the second depression to strike, people will lose their minds because all they ever cared about is making their car payments and buying the newest coolest toys. Now when people have to starve and have no option but to work with their own hands to feed themselves they wont know what to do.

the stock market crashed, the american empire will collapse, then the UK will start showing serious problems and after that... Enjoy the time you have now folks. the seven years are almost up.:nuts:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Yet another Doom Prediction.
The next president could pull us back.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I doubt the next president will do anything. Another depressions sounds scary, I wonder if crime rate will go up (Mafia, etc.)

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
I doubt the next president will do anything. Another depressions sounds scary, I wonder if crime rate will go up (Mafia, etc.)

lol, you can bet it would, aswell as corruption in the police force etc etc. lol what do you think gave way to the last line of mafia?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i think if there's a depression and people don't like the next president, they will start moving out of the US

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol, you can bet it would, aswell as corruption in the police force etc etc. lol what do you think gave way to the last line of mafia?

Me, being in a small and corrupted country, I would really like this to happen...:D

Sorry for being insensitive but that would really change the economy around the world... Well, I mean the image of the economy:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.