The skill "hell fire"

ZZY

Reaction score
Does it exsist? This skill was found in btanks but i acnt find in the world editor so i assume that it was a custom skill. I looked through effects and the closes thing i found to it was "Kaboom"! In btanks it was called hellfire and wa the ultimate for the demon tank it made an explosion in a circle around the unit, i need that for a fire boss im trying to create. Kaboom would work but it kills the unit and i think it only works on the expo goblin cause any other unit just dies when i push the hotkey. If you know any spells (trigger only - me no know how to use jass) or if you know how to set up kaboom to fix the issues i described it wpuld help me a lot.

thanks - ZZ

Rushhour

Reaction score
Not completly sure, but when the spell itself is ok and the only problem is that the caster dies then do the following:
Create a "dummy" ability, e.g. based on channel that does nothing.
Create a trigger that fires when this ability is cast.
This trigger simply creates an invisible dummy unit at the location of the casting unit (or the target location) and let it cast this ability.

Sorry if I got anything wrong^^

Archideas

Reaction score
Can't say I've played the game but it sounds like you can make a dummy unit with the Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl model (just a suggestion). Scale him up enough so it looks like a giant explosion and set an expiration time to the unit. Then trigger the damage dealt to all enemy units around the casting target.

Trigger:
  • Hell Fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hell Fire
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Casting unit)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of HeroCaster)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 512.00 of (Position of TempPoint) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of TempUnit)) Equal to True))
      • Unit - Create 1 Hell Fire Dummy for (Owner of TempUnit) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_TempGroup )
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )

TempUnit is an Unit variable.
TempPoint is a Point variable.
TempGroup is a Group variable.

Now, this might not be 100% efficient and I'm sure someone is gonna correct it, but it's the basic idea.

ZZY

Reaction score
Can't say I've played the game but it sounds like you can make a dummy unit with the Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl model (just a suggestion). Scale him up enough so it looks like a giant explosion and set an expiration time to the unit. Then trigger the damage dealt to all enemy units around the casting target.

Trigger:
  • Hell Fire
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hell Fire
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Casting unit)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of HeroCaster)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 512.00 of (Position of TempPoint) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of TempUnit)) Equal to True))
      • Unit - Create 1 Hell Fire Dummy for (Owner of TempUnit) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_TempGroup )
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )

TempUnit is an Unit variable.
TempPoint is a Point variable.
TempGroup is a Group variable.

Now, this might not be 100% efficient and I'm sure someone is gonna correct it, but it's the basic idea.

hmm.jpg

There is my trigger, i decided to go a diffrent route with it after some expirementing. I couldnt get the dummy units to explode, they would just spawn and die. I did a search and found it may be easier to add a special effect in stead, (note i disabled everything to do with units just in case) so i did but now the ability is doing dmg and the skill its self is set to 0 dmg on everything. This would be particularly bad buts its not enough. Dose Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl do dmg on its own?

Archideas

Reaction score
If you're asking if the dummy unit is doing damage on its own, then no. Only
Trigger:

does damage. And yes, the dummy unit should die after a set of time or it'll be there forever.

Is the skill channeling or instant?

ZZY

Reaction score
how do i tell the diffrence? and i know he needs to die but he wasnt exploding, he was just falling over and dieing with no fire! And since i have the dmg action turned off i was wondering were the damage came from.

Archideas

Reaction score
Explain what the ability is supposed to do so I can figure out what to do with the triggers. :thup:

ZZY

Reaction score
Here is the skill in btanks

dgdsg.jpg

This is the skill. ^^^Just an explosion around the unit (not that type specifically), not hurting the unit, but dmging ones around it. If your going to be including dmg, i would like i would like it to be around 3500 hp.
Here is the after math, it looks like it might be a bunch of small explosions (like from the barrel) if that helps any

aaa.jpg

Haette

Reaction score
Does the damage need to be triggered? If not, just use Thunder Clap to deal the damage, but set the duration set to 0.01s and give it a custom buff that has no graphical effect.

If you want the fancy "ring of fire" explosion, try this trigger (BTW, can anyone confirm whether the scripts are needed for effect-at-a-point actions?).

Trigger:
  • Firestorm
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set target_location = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 256.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00) degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at target_location using [your favorite explosion]
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_target_location)
          • Custom script: set udg_target_location=null

target_location is a point variable.

(By the way, Kaboom! doesn't look like an explosion because it's the sapper's cast animation, not a special effect. Sappers "explode" when they cast any spell.)

ZZY

Reaction score
Does the damage need to be triggered? If not, just use Thunder Clap to deal the damage, but set the duration set to 0.01s and give it a custom buff that has no graphical effect.

If you want the fancy "ring of fire" explosion, try this trigger (BTW, can anyone confirm whether the scripts are needed for effect-at-a-point actions?).

Trigger:
  • Firestorm
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Firestorm
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set target_location = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 256.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00) degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at target_location using [your favorite explosion]
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_target_location)
          • Custom script: set udg_target_location=null

target_location is a point variable.

(By the way, Kaboom! doesn't look like an explosion because it's the sapper's casting animation, not a special effect.)

I cant figure out how to get this integer ((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00) degrees), i set the the integer before the loop but i cant find how to set in the loop, can u help me?
Trigger:

Haette

Reaction score
"Convert Int to Real" -> "Arithmetic" -> ("For Loop Integer A" x 30)

It's cumbersome, but as far as I know it's the only GUI way to use a loop iterator to measure angles. I suggest you look through all the conversions anyway, especially if you want to learn about triggered damage (so you can base your spell's damage on some other number).

I haven't personally tested this trigger, so let me know if there's any issues with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.