The Spell Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

substance

Reaction score
I guess my 'request' would be more tutorials involving the particle system. A shotgun or a Minigun.. or maybe something new that noone has done.

The particle system is too powerful to go unused =p

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Ok im pretty impresed so i ll make a request too.Lets hope you can do it.

I want the hero to channel for 1 seconds and during that time (every 0.25 sec) a circle to appear(all together 4 circles).Then he shoot a beam like tinkers in dota doing chaos damage 75/150/225/300 avoiding armor but this beam(laser or something...) must go through the circles.

Be careful because i want the circles to face the facing of unit in order the spell to look realistic.I want always the beam to go through all the circles.
Thats a photo how i d like it to look like while channeling to give you a help.

The circles are from the ability sphere.

P.S.If you need more infos about my request say so.
Ty

EDIT:plz not in JASS but in triggers.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Then he shoot a beam like tinkers in dota doing chaos damage
Im 99% sure that "beam" is a downloaded model.

I'll probably just make the beam a different model for the test map, and you can dl the right one later on.

So, let me get this straight:

-> 1 second channel, every .25 seconds a circle appears
-> After 1 second, so as soon as the 4th circle is done, the beam launches
-> Beam "shoots" through the circles, then hits target dealing damage

I added you to the waiting list, but, I just need to know what model file those circle units are?

Is there anything else about the sphere ability you want to tell me, or things I need to know?

Overall, it can be done - with ease.

Great initiative. If possible, I would also like to participate :)
You mean, participating by helping me, or requesting?

If you mean helping, I'll tell you when, because I seem to be fine at the moment (4-5 spells made a day on average, it seems).

Thanks Tinki3, +rep when I'm able too...

Good job.
Thx :)

Hope you enjoy your request.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Chain Mana Burn

Sends a bolt of negative energy that jumps into 4 enemies. The burned mana also deals damage.

Level 1 - Burns 50 mana per target.
Level 2 - Burns 100 mana per target.
Level 3 - Burns 150 mana per target.
Level 4 - Burns 200 mana per target.

Yeah, this might seem very easy to you, but I'm still learning and i can't make it. ;)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Is it ok if you download this spell, Chain Storm Bolt?

It will do exactly what you want it to, except that you'll just have to modify a few lines of the trigger slightly, and change the abilities into a mana burn.

If you need any help doing this, just turn to this thread :)

So, is that ok?

EDIT: Even better, I can import all of the needed objects into a test map, upload it, and make the spell do what you want it to do?

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Ok, I'll see the Chain Storm Bolt and see what I can do ;)
EDIT: Then import them ^^

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Im 99% sure that "beam" is a downloaded model.

I'll probably just make the beam a different model for the test map, and you can dl the right one later on.

So, let me get this straight:

-> 1 second channel, every .25 seconds a circle appears
-> After 1 second, so as soon as the 4th circle is done, the beam launches
-> Beam "shoots" through the circles, then hits target dealing damage

I added you to the waiting list, but, I just need to know what model file those circle units are?

Is there anything else about the sphere ability you want to tell me, or things I need to know?

Yes thats the idea tinki.As long as you do it in triggers,use any model that you wish both for the circles and beam i just thought that sphere ability like my screenshot would be cool.If you do it in trigger i guess i can change these models(isn't this right?).

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Spell Request

First of all, i'd like to congratulate you on coming up with such a grand idea and using your time to help others make spells.

Now, my request.
The spell would be based off immolation or defend or something, anything that can be turned on and off. When the spell is activated wisps would appear and circle around the hero that casted the spell. When a unit enters within the range of the hero i would like one of the wisps to go to the unit and explode (kaboom or kill and deal damage) on the unit. Also, when the ability is deactivated i would like the wisps circling the hero to disappear.

If you could do this it would be great. As for in GUI or Jass, i would prefer GUI as i can read it easier, but if it's easier to make in jass that would be fine.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Now, my request.
The spell would be based off immolation or defend or something, anything that can be turned on and off. When the spell is activated wisps would appear and circle around the hero that casted the spell. When a unit enters within the range of the hero i would like one of the wisps to go to the unit and explode (kaboom or kill and deal damage) on the unit. Also, when the ability is deactivated i would like the wisps circling the hero to disappear.
That's possible.

Added you to the waiting list.

Tonks

Reaction score
I've been keepin' tabs on this thread for a while, and I was thinking that it might be more efficient to come up with a standard for requests.
What I mean is having something like:

Name:
Detailed Description:
Gui / Jass?:
Custom Models? (If so, list them):

etc..
I just think it might be easier for you (Tinki3) to take the requests in a form like that.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Yeah, adding on to Tonks:

Name:
Detailed Description:
Mana Cost:
Cooldown:
Icon:
Type of Ability?: (Active, Passive, Activateable, Autocast...)
Casting Time: (If any)
Gui / Jass?:
Custom Models? (If so, list them):

Wouldn't that work?

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
CrazyWolf, here's you request, Laser Beam.

Experiment with the casting time of the actual spell, as the creation of the circle units is slightly too slow.

Enjoy.

Ty tinki3 i ve made some changes that make the spell look better but its all your work so thank you again.

+1 REPUTATION from me

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
By the way, Tinki3, are you ever gonna take a bunch of requested spells and make them into a spellpack? That would be pretty cool. ^_^.

You can cram maybe 5-8 spells in a spellpack...

EDIT: If I can request a spell again, can you make my other one ^_^?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Chain Mana Burn

Sends a bolt of negative energy that jumps into 4 enemies. The burned mana also deals damage.

Level 1 - Burns 50 mana per target.
Level 2 - Burns 100 mana per target.
Level 3 - Burns 150 mana per target.
Level 4 - Burns 200 mana per target.

Yeah, this might seem very easy to you, but I'm still learning and i can't make it. ;)

I think Daelin did a tutorial on how to do chain bouncing spells.

Click here to view the awesome tutorial. ^_^

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.