thoughts on this battle map (genre??)

gaskell

Reaction score
First up, what genre would this map be? I dont know.
Secondly, what thoughts/ suggestions do you guys have.

This map is finished but if improvements can be made.... why not.
This is the first map I have ever finished so bearing that in mind... I am only a newbie at map making. The triggers have all been re-written to remove mem leaks etc...

The map idea:
Minimum of 2 players. This map is not really playable single player all the unused start positions still have starting buildings and spawns but just do nothing.

The map is set out as a grid of islands with narrow bridges in between connecting them. Each Island can support 4 buildings (1 in each corner). The side starting locations can support more once the "Base towers" are destroyed.

The "Base tower" is the 1 buildings that must be defended, if you lose it you are defeated. If you kill someone elses then they are defeated. Last one standing wins.

Build "spawn farms" to spawn units periodicly (first timer is 10secs, then +5 secs after each spawn. so 10, 15, 20, 25 seconds etc...)

Build "Buff Towers" to strengthen your units. Each buff tower you build makes a random aura (these auras "stack up" so having 2 unholy aura lvl1 towers will give your units lvl2 unholy aura buff). The max level of each aura is 10.

The units level up and high lvl units (max lvl20) are very powerful. adding to the lvling up process is a small chance that from lvl5 up they may be granted a bonus ability. These are very powerful and can really turn the tide of a battle. Most of these can be lvled up as well but the odds of getting an ability are low let alone the odds of getting one lvled up.

Attachments

• Zerg Wars V1.1.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 195

TomTTT

Reaction score
Reply :p

Ncie idea, it's kinda like Tactics and war, just with more options. In that part of that there still are building even if no one is playing them, you can change it by a simple trigger. (player group, pick every player in [your group] and do actions, set tempPoint = picked player's starting position, create 1 [main building] at TempPoint, so on, so on :D)

gaskell

Reaction score
yes I was thinking of removing them altho my leaving them there it makes good barriers/obstacles to overcome while expanding (after playtesting with mates they seem better in than out).
I might possibly add a spawning trigger or maybe some basic AI to the map so the unused player starts actually fight with you for islands and expansion locations.
Altho after about 3 weeks since this version was completed and I have only played it against 3 people once, I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for making maps (let alone re-creating all my old, half finished, mem leaky idea maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.