Tile walkability

Incognito

Reaction score
I need to know how to change the walkability of a tile, i.e. so that units will treat sloped cliffs as actual cliffs.
If my massage isnt that clear let me know.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
This may be possible by using some of the extensions in the JASS NewGen editor, but I think it would be easier for you to just add some ground pathing blockers on your slopes. That should hopefully achieve the same effect. :)

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Inside the doodad palette, you can find the Pathing Blocker doodad. Place this on the tiles you don't want units to walk on. Keep in mind one blocks air pathing, one blocks ground pathing, and one blocks both.

Incognito

Reaction score
Using pathing blockers will eat away at the doodad count and placing them all over a map with countless cliffs seems silly, thx though.
I guess ill try newgen, if someone could explain how to do that on newgen id love it, thx.

Edit: Actually I would love it if someone could explain the method of using slk files and Terrain.slk from the war3.mpq
I changed the walkablity to 0 for the desired tile but i wont effect the game, im not sure if its the import path (Using "TerrainArt\Terrain.slk") or the fact that i edited it wrong, what else could i have messed up?

Later Edit: Come on, seriously can no one help me out? Im sure there are lots of people who want to know the same thing.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
use newgen and place pathing blockers. using newgen there is no doodad limit.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.