Town Portal double click not working (since patch)

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello all!

The problem is this: Since the patch which wrecked most of the maps on Bnet, after I cleared the map of all things which cause problems, double clicking a town portal does not teleport the hero back to the nearest town hall anymore. Instead, one has to click on the town portal and then on the town hall (as it was a long time ago).

I am using JassNewGen Pack and EGUI. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

Ouguiya

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Hmmm.. Not sure if this will work but...

Make the Town Portal Ability able to target items... Then in a trigger, when you use a town portal, if the target is an item, check if the item is a town portal then Trigger the teleportation to the nearest town hall via GetClosestUnit() ( JASS, which can be remade in GUI )

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hi there!

Thanks for the reply!

Well, this is certainly a "last option", but I would rather prefer not to use even more triggers.

After some further testing, things just keep getting stranger. For example, double clicking now leads the hero to simply move to where the town portal was bought (wtf?!?!)

Sometimes, the hero also teleports, but it's all really random. I am rather confused as to what causes this...

Thanks again, I hope someone has another idea.

Yours,

Ouguiya

cryowraith

Reaction score
Is your town portal working normally in normal melee maps?

Perhaps reinstall your war3? Maybe some core files got corrupted or what.

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello there!

Well, that would indeed be a possibility. The problem is that others, who play my map online, are expieriencing the same problem.

Since I am doubtful, that an incorrect gamefile would be transferred to the map and then cause the same error with everyone else, I am a bit at a loss at what to do.

Especially since I work with 2 computers, and the error is present on each.

Thanks again. I hope anyone else has an idea.

Yours,

Ouguiya

cryowraith

Reaction score
I think it is possible though. The map itself contains data from the warcraft.mpq itself? I'm not sure how can you fix your map though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.