Tree problems xD

Aqkastik

Reaction score
I have some problems with my Arena which i am getting back to after a break.
I cant plant more than 6144 trees and i need some more.... tried both WeU and Jass and none of em work. Jass say i constantly have another instance of WE open tho i havent in anyway (rebooted some times just to be sure) and WEU tells me i have to hit the patch key, so i do over and over again but still theres a limit on and still i cant play my game xD freaking annoying. any suggestions?:banghead:Im hitting a wall here

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
You can always use the Create Destructible action to plant the remaining trees.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
He mean that you should, instead of creating them in the Terrain Editor, create them with triggers in-game...
I'm highly against this method though, as it would lg the game like @%&$, so you need to get Newgen working...

There are MANY of thread here which have the same problem with Newgen, and answers to it too...
Try searching for them and you should find the naswer ;)

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
having 6000-7000 trees anyway could cause you lag problems. If you are looking for another way out of the problem, try to scale your trees up a little bit. Maybe 20% to start. they will cover more area with less trees, but still give a thick-foresty look. you could use less trees per area <<

yuganeigii

Reaction score
having 6000-7000 trees anyway could cause you lag problems. If you are looking for another way out of the problem, try to scale your trees up a little bit. Maybe 20% to start. they will cover more area with less trees, but still give a thick-foresty look. you could use less trees per area <<

sorry to intrude but i have the same problem as aqkastik...
what do you mean by "scale your trees?up a bit?" make them bigger? how?

Finestdeath

Reaction score
I think he meant the size of it. I guess the Maximum/Minimum scale and Pathing Textures of the tree should affect it?

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
yeah, in the object editor thing there, in the destructables tab, look for the specific tree, or trees that you would like to scale up. Around the middle of that long list of things to change, should be "Editor - Maximum Scale" it is 1.2 by default. Min scale is .8. Change the max scale to like 1.5 or so. then, go to your terrain and mass select your trees. after you have a large group of them selected, double click. there shuould be some changable values, that is the X Y and Z scales. Set them all to 1.2 or 1.3 or so. If you want them bigger, set them to 1.5. Change it a little at a time to see how it looks. If you want them bigger than 1.5 go back into object editor and raise the max scale. If want them bigger, but dont want them as tall, keep the Z axis a little lower than the other 2.

Aqkastik

Reaction score
Thanks!

So much help about the Tree problem with the size change :D gotta love it so actually my map should soon be out for first tries :D decided that instead of making a 1vs1 arena i take a team vs team arena :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.