Tri Shockwave skill help please!

adeoin

Reaction score
I'm making a tri shockwave spell and i dont know what two offset points i should use. I want it to look like what ur fingers would look like when you put up 3 fingers. So 1 northwest, one north and one northeast. What 2 offset points should i use to make a tri shockwave?

Offset Point for Northwest:
Offset Point For Northeast:

~Thank You In Advance :)

Btw this is my trigger if it helps

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tremor
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterPoint = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Shockwave Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Dummy Shockwave ( 1 ) (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by (250.00, 0.00))
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Shockwave Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by (100.00, 0.00))

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Why do you have hide unit. Just set the units modle fild path to .mdx and give it locust

adeoin

Reaction score
oh srry i figured the first questionn out the spell had man cost. srry guys xD. but i still cant get the spell rite because of the angles, so could u help me with my second question please :)

Reaction score
get triggering unit's facing angle/angle between position of caster and position ability target,
then set your dummy facing angle to be the above angle+30 and the other dummy to be the above angle-30.

Using 30,0 and -30,0 will always cause the unit to point north and differ to the right and left respectivity. (aka pointing the same (wrong)spot everytime you cast)

adeoin

Reaction score
specifically what do u mean by get triggering unit's facing angle/angle between position of caster and position ability target,

Reaction score
hold on let me get the correct term for it.

Edit: There. I didn't test it, tell me if it doesnt work.
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set PointA = (Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to (Target point of ability being cast))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 100.00 towards (PointA - 30.00) degrees)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 100.00 towards (PointA + 30.00) degrees)

You wanted the shockwave to point North-West and North-East or what?

adeoin

Reaction score
yeah 1 in the middle one north west and 1 northeast.
I'll try that thanks :)

i tried what u told me, it didnt work. Either all the shockwaves are together or only 1 shockwave comes out i can't tell.

If it helps thats my trigger

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set PointA = (Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to (Target point of ability being cast))
    • Unit - Create 1 Shockwave Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add Dummy Shockwave ( 1 ) to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (PointA - 30.00) towards 100.00 degrees)
    • Unit - Create 1 Shockwave Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (PointA + 30.00) towards 100.00 degrees)

Reaction score
Sorry I did clarify correctly in the previous post.
This now works. But your units must be "stack-able".
This is the rough idea of what it will look like.
I didnt remove any leaks or what.
North is 90 Degrees, so if you want to adjust the angles. Take 90 +- your desired angle. :)
GOOD LUCK.
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 120.00 degrees
    • Unit - Add Shockwave asd to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Last created unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 60.00 degrees
    • Unit - Add Shockwave asd to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Last created unit))

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
This should work:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Shockwave Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of Caster) offset by 100.00 towards (PointA - 45.00) degrees)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of Caster) offset by 100.00 towards (PointA + 45.00) degrees)

Make sure your dummy is a flying unit.

adeoin

Reaction score
@bob: i copied ur trig exactly but it only sends out 1 shockwave or no shockwaves. Depends on the direction i cast it. So what happened?

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Shockwave Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by 100.00 towards (PointA - 45.00) degrees)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by 100.00 towards (PointA + 45.00) degrees)

Squirel

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 100.00 towards (PointA - 30.00) degrees)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 100.00 towards (PointA + 30.00) degrees)

PointA + 30 is not an angle. You want the angle from the dummy to the point plus 30.

Squirel

Reaction score
Excuse the double post, but I have a trigger that works. It's not MUI, and it leaks, but it does what you want. You have to fix it up. It uses an array called dummy, but its not supposed to be an array so disregard the array part it only holds one value. I have a dummy unit that does not have locust OR the shockwave ability. I also have a dummy of the shockwave that has no manacost.

Trigger:
  • Trishockwave
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shockwave
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Dummy[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'Aloc', udg_Dummy[1] )
      • Unit - Turn collision for Dummy[1] Off
      • Unit - Move Dummy[1] instantly to (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy[1]
      • Unit - Add Shockwave (Dummy) to Dummy[1]
      • Unit - Set level of Shockwave (Dummy) for Dummy[1] to (Level of Shockwave for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order Dummy[1] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of Dummy[1]) offset by (Distance between (Position of Dummy[1]) and (Target point of ability being cast)) towards ((Angle from (Position of Dummy[1]) to (Target point of ability being cast)) + 30.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Dummy[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'Aloc', udg_Dummy[1] )
      • Unit - Turn collision for Dummy[1] Off
      • Unit - Move Dummy[1] instantly to (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy[1]
      • Unit - Add Shockwave (Dummy) to Dummy[1]
      • Unit - Set level of Shockwave (Dummy) for Dummy[1] to (Level of Shockwave for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order Dummy[1] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of Dummy[1]) offset by (Distance between (Position of Dummy[1]) and (Target point of ability being cast)) towards ((Angle from (Position of Dummy[1]) to (Target point of ability being cast)) - 30.00) degrees)

EDIT: Note: to prevent a delay in the casting of the extra waves, make sure to set the cast animation backswing and cast point to 0.

bookyjoo

Reaction score
I want to create a similar spell, but I'm not sure how to do it. Let me describe:

3 level spell
1st level: regular shockwave
2nd level: regular shockwave followed by a stronger shockwave in the same direction
3rd level: same, but followed by a third shockwave that is stronger still

Can anyone help with this?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
same as above, only give the spell 3 different versions, and then make the later versions have a longer casting time, and then aim them all at the same point. you might want to extend the expiration timer's as well

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.