Tricky hero abilities help

Heresme

Reaction score
Wise guru's of World Edit, I'd like to ask for some help with a couple of tricky hero abilities. Any help is appreciated. I'm not hugely familiar with JASS, but if that's neccesary for a spell then I'd do it.

I'll set the spells out like this
Name - Type
Effect
Extra Effects

Healing Attack - Passive, preferably, but Auto-Active is fine
Attack heals instead of harms

Charge Strike - Passive, preferably, but anythings good so long as it works
Attack charges up and deals a massive amount of damage. For this spell I would like a maximum damage and charge speed as editable, but thats not required.

Healing Rain - Active (Preferably channeling or cast like rain of fire/blizzard)
Heals in an area. Basically tranquility in a targetted area.

Rocket - Active
Launches the hero at the enemy and explodes.

Transform - Active
Changes the hero from ethereal to corporal temporarily. (hero is already ethereal)

Halt - Active
Target is hit by slow (cold thingy), slow (spell), slow poison, cripple, hex and thunderclap effect

The simpler ones I'll probably figure out eventually. But if anyone can help with the harder ones, even if it needs JASS, then it's greatly appreciated. Thanks.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I dun understand healing attack.
For charging up, u need sliding, and i dunno how to do that, ill just do it in teleport form.
Code:
Event - The effects of an ability is started
Condition - Ability Cast equal to (your spell)(must be a target-unit spell)
Actions - Move triggering unit instantly to position of target abillity cast
Cause triggering unit to deal X damage to target of ability being cast
As usaid, tranquility rain. U have to search for it(if its a pre-made 1)
Code:
Same event and condition for rocket.All actions the same(it still would be better with sliding and fly height things)
Add in an action -  Kill triggering unit. And i tink u either have to set it to explode then kill, or instead of killing, u can just explode it.
Cant help u with transform sorry.(i dun tink it can be done)
Code:
Same event, and condition as the above two for Halt.
Actions, create dummy unit, give spell, cast spell, generic timer, create dummy,give spell, cast spell, generic timer for all the effects there and then create special effect(thunderclap) at target of ability cast

If u dont understand me, ask, and ill help. U shld probably know how to make dummies. And check out some knockback guides or so. People will also help u if they know(and sees this post).
If u dunno wat a dummy is, its a unit with no model, no shadow no nuthing(so it cant be seen). And then it is invulnerable and unselectable.So it can help the caster cast a few effects on the unit at a time.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
For transform I'm not certain but you may be able to base it of off the Tauren Spirit Walkers ability which makes it corporeal. This is a unit ability but if you check the box 'hero ability' to true it might work.

I'm not 100% certain however.

If you want a time limit it's more difficult but I suppose you could try using Bear Form and make two seperate hero units, corporeal and non-corporeal, with the same abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.