Trigger help - On-hit/struck heal/mana reg

Spray-

Reaction score
Yo, ive got a problem with my trigger, it Should work by my calculations but somehow doesnt, anyone able to shed some light on this problem?

Code:
Unit - A unit Is attacked

(Attacking unit) Equal to Paladin 0080 <gen>
(Level of Grace  for Paladin 0080 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 1

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Random integer number between 1 and 5) Equal to 1
    Then - Actions
        Unit - Set life of Paladin 0080 <gen> to ((Life of Paladin 0080 <gen>) + ((Real((Strength of Paladin 0080 <gen> (Include bonuses)))) x (Real((Level of Grace  for (Attacked unit))))))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of Paladin 0080 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
    Else - Actions
        Do nothing

This should heal him when attacking an unit by his strength x level of the ability, it shows the special effect but does not heal.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: Silly mistake i just found out i had a integer set to attacked/attacking unit on the wrong trigger of both spells, nevermind ^^

aki15

Reaction score
Try using GDD it may work?

Code:
Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00

(Unit-Type of GDD_DamageSource is Paladin)
(Level of Grace  for GDD_DamageSource<gen>) Greater than or equal to 1

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Random integer number between 1 and 5) Equal to 1
    Then - Actions
        Unit - Set life of GDD_Damage Source <gen> to ((Life of GDD_Damage Source <gen>) + ((Real((Strength of GDD_Damage Source <gen> (Include bonuses)))) x (Real((Level of Grace  for (GDD_Damage Source))))))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of GDD_Damage Source <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
    Else - Actions
        Do nothing

Try this way i don't know does it work didn't test, but i can give u 1 system that when hero hits it heals every nearby friendly unit :p.

Spray-

Reaction score
No idea what GDD is but also isnt that just the same thing but replacing attacking/attacked unit with GDD_Unit or whatever that is? :p

Its not the actual Triggering of the event that is the problem, its just the heal itself, everything else works fine, which i dont understand.

aki15

Reaction score
Attacking Unit and Gdd is not same bcz if your hero attack his friend or try to attack his friend he will be healed.

Spray-

Reaction score
That is true! Didnt realise that, but i could simply add a condition that "attacked unit is equal to an enemy of owner of attacking unit" to bypass that :)

aki15

Reaction score
So when player click many times right click ( on enemy ) and stoping it after?

Spray-

Reaction score
You can have more than one condition, the condition to attack would still apply, just right-clicking wouldnt do anything.

This discussion is a bit irrelevant to my question however, unless you have a means to help me i would ask you to stop posting :p

aki15

Reaction score
Hmmm you can use this trigger and make it to heal only pala.
Trigger:
  • Pressence
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Pressence ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Pressence_Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Set Pressence_Group = (Units within 300.00 of Pressence_Point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 5) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Pressence_Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Pressence for (Attacking unit))))))
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\VampiricAura\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Pressence_Group)

Credits goes to Dekku...

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well i think, just think, that (Random Integer number between 1 and 5) isn't gonna work, becuase it may be random, but the game always choose the same number between those numbers. I tried making a system with a goal points random and it kept putting the same number (between 500 and 1500...)

hopy

Reaction score
Well i think, just think, that (Random Integer number between 1 and 5) isn't gonna work, becuase it may be random, but the game always choose the same number between those numbers. I tried making a system with a goal points random and it kept putting the same number (between 500 and 1500...)

Well, it does work for me.. and I do believe this only happens when you press Test in the Map editor. There's a way of turning it off some were but I cant remember were and I don't have the editor open at the moment.

Try using GDD it may work?
The only thing GDD would fix is the fact that "Unit attacks" events run when the attack starts, so people can press stop to trigger the trigger but not the attack cooldown. It shouldn't be the problem of his trigger not working.

Spray-

Reaction score
I do appreciate all the replies, but everything that has been said has not even come CLOSE to the actual problem i am needing help with :/

Spray-

Reaction score
Oh and the integer random number between.... works perfectly for me in test mode - maybe its been changed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.