trigger help

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
hi, i am working on a new map of mine and i need a specific trigger. i need it so that everytime units deals damage, the same amount (as they dealt to the target) is gained as minerals. if you have played the quite popular map catch n run you know how i mean.

another thing i need help with is also used in another pretty popular map called star battle. when you upgrade your ship you push an ability button wich changes the ability card into another one. how do i do that?

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
for the 2nd one does the ship change to a new ship? or does it stay the same and just open up a new command card. cos if it just opens a new command card make a button with type open submenu i think you can pretty much look at the scv,probes,drones for that one.
but if it changes the ship im guessing its a morph type ability that turns the ship into a new ship and gives it a new command card based on what its morphed into

for 1st one it sounds like one of those things that makes your game lag heaps bad if you have a lot of units. but ill try help.

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - Any Unit takes Fatal or Non-Fatal Any damage (from Any effects)
Local Variables
i = No Unit <Unit>
i 2 = Take <Unit Damage Take/Deal>
Conditions
Actions
Variable - Set i = (Damaging unit)
Variable - Set i 2 = Deal
Player - Modify player (Triggering player) Minerals: Add (Integer(i 2))

this looks about right you can test and see if it works
ps: was difficult trying to find how to record damage done into a variable >.< said under the event that there was ment to be a triggering damage ammount but i couldnt find it or how to set it as a variable
if this doesnt work it gets you along a path that could work

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.