True Sight and Fogged Unit

funAlways

Reaction score
Sorry for misleading title, i meant Fogged Building.
I have a hide and seek map, where the player hiding have an unit with windwalk and also a permanently invisible building (that can cast invisibility too), so i put a Gem of true sight in the map for the seeker to counter the invisible hider and buildings.
Now comes the problem, Gem of True sight can also see building through trees and walls, making the hider will be easily found and killed, so i googled a bit but didn't find any good result.
I tried:
-Using other items, incase it only bugs with the Gem of True Sight, dont work
-Every true sight ability (including Sentry ward's Detection), all can see buildings through tree and walls
-Replaced the Stats-Allowed Target, i even tried "None" and not ticking anything at all, but the true sight (both to hidden building and invis unit) still reveal it, so i guess Stats-Allowed Target don't work at all.
Are there any idea how to make True Sight to see only invisible unit and not buildings inside/behind forest or walls?
I have other idea of making Amulet of Visibility, where all unit within range will have it's invisibility removed instantly, but the building will be invisible again if out of range(like normal truesight) making me confused on how to trigger it

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You didn't forget something like "shared vision" or a trigger which reveals units?

funAlways

Reaction score
I forgot to say that i tried all three in a new map, so no triggers or new object at all, only a custom item and truesight modified by my 2 attempts. the testing invisible unit is shade, if that matter.

Solu9

Reaction score
Have you tried to set "Detector (Sentry Ward)"'s (The ability Gem of True Sight use) target allowed to organic?

funAlways

Reaction score
Yes, i tried only "Organic", only "None", does not tick anything , all three dont work.
I just tried to change Data-Detection Type to None some seconds ago and this is the thing happened, seems like the reveal-building is hardcoded and can't be modified? (There are shades inside the ring of tree btw)
3cku.png

Solu9

Reaction score
Question. Can you see the building as shown in the picture even without the Gem of True Seeing?

funAlways

Reaction score
At first (without gem), the farms can't be seen in any way (except destroying the tree of course), and then when picking up the gem, all the farms will be seen like that (fogged), and i will still see the buildings even if i dropped the gem.
(that is how war3 work right? see a building and it will be there forever until i see it destroyed)

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just to clarify, your problem is that when the Seeker has some form of Truesight, that invisible buildings will show up through walls, trees, fog of war, etc. and once found are permanently displayed there until destroyed?

The solution to that is to go to each building you have and under Stats - Is a Building change that to false. This will make it so that you have to have line of sight to the buildings to reveal them and they will not show up if you cannot see them anymore (like units). If you would like some way to easily distinguish buildings from units, I would suggest playing around with Stats - Unit Classification to separate them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.