Two Ethereal Troubles With a Hero.

Heresme

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a hero based off the Demon Hunter who is based around the ethereal.
I'm having several problems.

For a start, I want the hero to be ethereal, be targetted as ethereal, but I can't find a why to do it short of banishing them perpetually. Is there anyway around this?

To counter them being untouchable I want to make it so while ethereal they can only attack ethereal. I can't find a way to do this either, except in triggers which I'm diving into right now. Any help? It's okay if their attack type is changed.

Thanks in advance.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
All do-able in object editor. Go change targets allowed for attack1 to ethereal. Change targeted as to ethereal. Change armour type to ethereal.(Unless u wan the ethereal look, then trigger, when hero comes into map, create special effect - banish at the hero.

Heresme

Reaction score
There's no ethereal in 'targets allowed' and 'targetted as'. Is this a version problem? (Shouldn't be)

Heresme

Reaction score
Making a unit starting as ethereal

I want a unit that is ethereal when the game starts and can only attack ethereal.

There's no targetting for ethereal units. Any help?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Ethereal units can only be targeted by spells and magic attacks. So, things like priests can attack ethereal. Units starting ethereal? Try giving them the ethereal ability... edit the icon and tooltip though, in it's current state it's a tooltipless Sammy!.

Heresme

Reaction score
Making spells target ethereal only

Can it be done, by trigger or whatever else, to make spells only hit units that are ethereal?

Septimus

Reaction score
Yes, it was possible to be trigger. But, it depends on what type of spell it was.

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
        ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Aerial Shackles) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

This is a sample of how to do it.

Note : It was just a sample.

Heresme

Reaction score
Having some trouble finding that buff condition. Can you be more specific as to what it falls under? The buff comparison doesn't work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.