UDP and port 6112

M

MilliDEATHS

Well, it amazes me too. I logged onto b.net us west gateway and it says: My internet connection is poor or that UDPs aren't transfering respectfully through port 6112. I'm puzzled, though I can still access us east connection with no problem except the connection is 1g higher.

Thankyou for your time and consideration.

S

Swilo

I would say there's a routing problem between your ISP and USWest, several people have been having this problem lately.

Call your ISP and see if they know anything, or if they might be able to fix it.

K

Karson

Same Problem

Im having the exact same problem, the thing is, Im on a network connection and my brother connects just fine. (we have diff cd keys). Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it doesnt seem to want to work. The only thing my BW will allow me to do is chat online. If someone has any answers to this plz reply or send me an email at [email protected]

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Swilo
I would say there's a routing problem between your ISP and USWest, several people have been having this problem lately.

Call your ISP and see if they know anything, or if they might be able to fix it.

Your problem is that you need a router..becuase both of you are using the same IP address..and only through the router will u get a seperate IP to log onto b.net u wont be able to host any games..but u will be able to join them..

Kittie_Killer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Unregistered
Your problem is that you need a router..becuase both of you are using the same IP address..and only through the router will u get a seperate IP to log onto b.net u wont be able to host any games..but u will be able to join them..

First of all, a router will NOT assign you separate external IP addy's unless you've arranged for (and most likely get charged extra for) that service from your ISP.

Secondly, battle.net works quite well with multiple comps using the same external IP addy for their games with a few limits and/or router adjustments. This has already been discussed in Memnoch's thread about NAT. Find it and read it ! (I'd post the link but I'm too tired to look it up)

Kittie_Killer

Reaction score
Re: Same Problem

Originally posted by Karson
Im having the exact same problem, the thing is, Im on a network connection and my brother connects just fine. (we have diff cd keys). Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it doesnt seem to want to work. The only thing my BW will allow me to do is chat online. If someone has any answers to this plz reply or send me an email at [email protected]

The inability to connect to battle.net's uswest realm is a common problem these days. Also, running a tracert to uswest will not show any problems whatsoever. Magic Man mentioned to me that this was because tracert uses ICMP packets. He thought that perhaps a router along the way was blocking the ports necessary for Blizzard games. who knows for sure .....

All I can suggest is that you verify that you're using the same DNS settings as your brother. If you are, then try deleting the bncache.dat file as it seems to be the cause of alot of Blizz gaming woes.

If you still can't connect to uswest battle.net then contact your ISP and/or Blizzard support.

K

Karson

K

Thx, gonna try that, it may or may not work :p
At any rate, i appreciate all the replies

L

lalalilihaha

what do i ask????

if i call my ISP what do i ask for fix the problem???????:confused:

U

Unregistered

I don't even know what my ISP # is so ummm can plz. tell me what it is.

Y

yihong113

Originally posted by Rapmaster
th
ey probably have a 1-800 support number :)

I called the 800# they gave me in live help
and the techies had no idea what I'm talking about
~port 6112~ and all that crap

U

Unregistered

umm yeah im having the exact same problem, i was thinkin of going to one of those Internet Cafe's and asking for some help maybe they can tell me what to do since some of them use B.net and not LAN

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.