UDP packets not going through port

G

i dont have a firewall. i do have win98 with 56K. regular SC wont let me play games

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the error message you are getting? Where exactly is the error occuring? Do you have any Parental control software installed on your computer?

Kittie_Killer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Unregistered
i dont have a firewall. i do have win98 with 56K. regular SC wont let me play games

I'd suggest calling your ISP especially since you say you have no firewall.

C

Canik

I'm having the same problem.

The message basically says:
You connection is too slow, or you are not processing UDP packets through port 6112.

I can still go to websites and get on AIM fine, so it isn't lag. I can't connect to B.net or Asheron's Call though.

I have AOL, but I was suppose to be getting cable. The people came, installed some stuff on my computer and then had a problem with the cable lines.

I think that might have effected my computer. I was considering re-installing AOL.

Any suggestions?

P

PurePride420

:pissed: My computer says right after i try to sign on warcraft II
"Tour internet conection is either very poor or is not processing UDP packets trough port 6112. You will be able to chat but will not be able to play games. Cantact Ypur internet service provider or your system administrator for assistance wth opening this port"
:confused: What do i do to open it because i have a 56k modem on windows me. Please help.

A

Alpha122

If you don't have a firewall on and have talked to your ISP about the problem, then it's most possibly a virus. There are variations of the virus that could cause these kinds of behaviours. Run a thourough virus scan and see if you find anything.

B

BaboonGuy

this happened to me too. here's what i did to remedy my problem. i'm on cable, so i went to my network connections. went to my local area network connection and the window popped up. clicked on the properties button, went to the advanced tab and unselected the internet connection firewall

W

wakko

Originally posted by BaboonGuy
this happened to me too. here's what i did to remedy my problem. i'm on cable, so i went to my network connections. went to my local area network connection and the window popped up. clicked on the properties button, went to the advanced tab and unselected the internet connection firewall

Yes, but chances are you are running Windows XP, right?

Windows 98 (which is what the original poster is running) does not have built it Internet Firewall.

But as for anyone else, definately try a virus scan at first, make sure that is not the problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.