Unable to install the game? Help!

cryptfriend

Reaction score
Ok, I have this really annoying issue here. I have this game called Oblivion, and suddenly the game crashed everytime I started it... so I thought "Ok, i'll re-install it and see if it works better". Anyway, when I tried to uninstall the game (the "normal" way and also from the game launcher) I got this weird error that didn't say anything clever at all. Later when I got desperate I just removed the game folder from "programs", searched "oblivion" and removed all the files that had to do with the game that I could find. Still when I open the game launcher, it won't let me install nor uninstall the game! What the hell should I do?

Please help me out here, thanks! :banghead:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Try using ccleaner - it is a TH.net approved registry cleaner

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

More than likely your problems lie in the fact that you deleted the folders but did not delete the registry entries - and you should not be manually editing your registry anyway if you do not know exactly what you are doing. Use ccleaner and see what happens.

Note - since you deleted the program folders you will not be able to uninstall the game as you have deleted the uninstaller. The only thing you can really do at this time is reinstall the game and if you run into any problems try contacting the makers of the game technical support.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.