Uninteruptable Moving

Darkdude5

Reaction score
Is there any way, jass or gui, which i can move a unit without interupting its actions? If so, please explain how..

Darkdude5

Reaction score
Can you explain in a bit more detail? My jass knowledge is.. kinda crap >.< also, its not a set point i want to move it to, its going to be for a slide trigger.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Here is a little more detailed answer.

Code:
Actions
    Set FinalLocation = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
    Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to FinalLocation
    Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_FinalLocation)

this was probably the first thing you tried and as you noticed it interupts the current order of the unit that is moved. another way as stated above would be by moving a unit by setting it's X and Y coordinate. Here is the actions for doing the exact thing as in the first action.

Code:
Actions
    Set FinalLocation = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
    Set X = (X of FinalLocation)
    Set Y = (Y of FinalLocation)
    Custom script:   call SetUnitX( GetTriggerUnit() ,udg_X)
    Custom script:   call SetUnitY( GetTriggerUnit() ,udg_Y)
    Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_FinalLocation)

The X and Y variables are Real variables. you could change the GetTriggerUnit() to a variable if you would like to, the only thing you need to think about in that case would be to put udg_ before the name of your variable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.