System Unit Abilities Require Hero Level

wewso

Reaction score
I made this a while ago and now I decided to revive it. I find it very useful.

So, I was making my RPG map when I bumped into a problem. I had a hero with a spellbook which contained 11 spells. 5 were normal hero spells that originaly required hero level and 6 were unit spells that didn't reqire level. Ofcourse there was an ultimate that required 12th level. Everything was OK until I went in-game and saw that all the hero spells (including the ultimate) in the spellbook were already learned at level 1 even though i hadnt touched them. I was mad :mad: After a short coffee break I solved the problem.
I created an upgrade with 60 levels (max hero level in my map) that would change it's level each time my hero gained a level. So when the hero goes to level 34 the upgrade level for the owner of the hero will change to level 34. Then I made the unit abilities require this upgrade and a level of the upgrade, so that they wont show up as learned until the wanted level is gained. This way I also got my unit abilities require hero level.

There are 2 versions of the trigger in the system. One for RPG maps where you use unit abilities on your heroes and spellbooks. And one for maps with many heroes where you want the units to have hero level requireing abilities.

First Version (RPG) Trigger:

Code:
Level Up
    Events
        Unit - A unit Gains a level
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of Hero level: 1  to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

Second Version (Mellee) Trigger:

Code:
Find Max Hero Level
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Max_Hero_Level = 0
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Max_Hero_Level Less than or equal to (Level of (Picked unit))
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Max_Hero_Level = (Level of (Picked unit))
                    Else - Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of Hero level: 1  to Max_Hero_Level for (Triggering player)

The upgrade is the same for both versions.

"Hero Level" Upgrade (Both Versions)

First you should set all the values of the upgrade to 0. Then set the
name to: "Hero level: 1" for level 1
"Hero level: 2" for level 2
"Hero level: 3" for level 3 ... and so on to the level you want Ofcourse you don't need to type "Hero level" 1000ds of times you can easely do this with "Auto Fill Levels" when you right-click on the value.

NOTE: The name should be "Hero level: <here you put the level>" in order to look like real requrements made by Blizzard.
And last you have to put the name of the Upgrade in "Techtree - Requirements" field and the level required in "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field of the ability that requires level.

++Rep me if you like it :rolleyes:

Here is the map I made to show you.

Attachments

• Unit Abilities Require Hero Level.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 207

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
> Is this really ussefull?
Sure it is. I didn't know that before... ^^ Gj, taught me a new thingy

off: плс потърси ме после по скайп :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Gj, taught me a new thingy
Thats what I thought to, theres no problem posting this, it's neat, not so hard to figure out but can make a whole lot of diffrence.
However I wouldn't consider it a system, more like a tutorial, or even just a small guide on how to make it.

Nonetheless It's worth having here on TH ;)

Good job!

Off-Topic: "плс потърси ме после по скайп" Man that language looks intresting to write, I wish I could ;)

wewso

Reaction score
Yea I was wondering how to classify it too.

@ GooS >> Its Bulgarian (if you know where Bulgaria is)
@ cr4xzZz >> Аднах те. Пиши ако се нуждаеш от нещо.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Yeah, it does that for unit abilities, so you can do something like this.

Code:
Defend: <Defend's description>
Requirements: 
- Hero level 5

And then the footman couldn't use defend until your hero was level 5.

wewso

Reaction score
Well its made for heroes using multiple spells in spellbook but it can also work the way you said with the Footman Defent ability requireing hero level. You should just change the triggers a little bit to:

You need 1 non-array integer: Max_Hero_Level which is needed for the loop

Code:
Find Max Hero Level
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Max_Hero_Level = 0
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Max_Hero_Level Less than or equal to (Level of (Picked unit))
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Max_Hero_Level = (Level of (Picked unit))
                    Else - Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of Hero level: 1  to Max_Hero_Level for (Triggering player)

Added to main post

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.