Unit portraits, are they even needed?

Incognito

Reaction score
Hey guys, just one simple question for you,

Unit portraits, if you neglect to import one which accompanies an imported model (for the sake of saving the insane amount of space they take) into a map, will it cause any issues, or will it simply not display the portrait and function as normal otherwise?

I as because some of the more demanding models can have equally demanding portraits and frankly in larger projects every bit counts,

Thanks in advance for any responses, Ill be waiting eagerly!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you dont import the portrait model then the model itself will be used as the portrait. The problem is, the model will probably not have a portrait camera because the creator assumed you imported the portrait model separately. This will lead to a bugged out unit portrait which uses whatever camera was used for the previous selected portrait.
But no, it wil not crash or anything, it will just look stupid.

Incognito

Reaction score
I'm very much fine with stupid, as long as that is the only issue it causes ^^. You response is much appreciated mate ^^

(If there is another way to acknowledge your aid here on the helper (haven't been in a while >.<) aside from liking your response, be sure to let me know so I can acknowledge the aid ^^)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.