Unit requirements help

dondonda

Reaction score
Hi i am making a map and i would like to know if it is possible for a specific unit to acquire a specific item then that units gains a load of abilities ( increased stats, damage etc)?
basically i am asking if there is any way you can make an ability for a hero, require an item in that heros inventory?
thanks!:D

rodead

Reaction score
yes you can just use triggers or give the item an abilty with triggers you disable the spell and add it when the unit aquire the good item and hide the abilty when he drops the item.

SaintMorose

Reaction score
you could always unit-add ability when they pickup the item and unit - remove ability when they drop it

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Like aghanims which gives certain purposes for ceratain heroes only? If you want a skill upgraded use engineering upgrade. If you want to increase the stats depending in the weilder use a trigger. Like a unit type acquires an item add skill (any skill) if you want the skill to be invisible or icon less use passive item skills. Or maybe theres another way around.

dondonda

Reaction score
wel basically what i am trying to do is a Sauron-the One Ring scenario, when if a cetain hero aquires a certain item(the ring) he gains extra abilities but if any other hero aquires that item, they just get the normal abilites the ring gives.

also i am fairly new with triggering so an outline would help alot!
thanks
and ive tried the trigger;
unit- ??? aquires an item (item carried by (triggering unit) in slot 1 is equal to ???
unit- add (ability) to triggering unit

the ??? are where i need help being able to choose a specific unit/item when doing a trigger, also if there is anything you might correct about this trigger that would be very helpful.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Hey, I made a sample triiger for you

here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ttyzxgjj9x

Oh yes forgot I did set the item acquired into specific one it means the only item I clicked to work with the trigger. Does anyone know how to change it?

dondonda

Reaction score
The trigger you posted still did not work and im positive i got it correct, but i think i know what the problem is. When you did the trigger you had the units already placed on the map, i would like to be able to build the unit then when that unit aquires the specific item they get the abilities, maybe you could alter your trigger to fix this. anyone know how to do that?
thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.