unit-unit collision

FMAlchemist

Reaction score
hey agiinss.

i was wondering, how u make a trigger that does:

[unit 1] comes within range of [unit 2]. [unit 1] and [unit 2] die.

there both trigger created units.

~~

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Code:
Trigger - Add event
this should give you to option to use variables

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
if you are making a maze map i suggest you use abilities instead of collision, use locust and some costum abilities, for example KILL. then you cant target the unit and you die if you touch it. (better than unit collision)

FMAlchemist

Reaction score
Code:
Trigger - Add event
this should give you to option to use variables

yeahh. i tried this, but it only gives me the option of selecting a unit that is currently on the sceen (a unit that is there on map startup)

what im tyring to do:

well im making a spell like potms`s arrow (dota), or snipers att (elimination tourny). where the spell would shoot like a shockwave, BUT once it hits a an enemy unit, it explods.

i did this by making a unit as the spell itself, and shoots a unit, and once the unit collides with another unit, it blows up, dealing damage.

like if i was aiming for somthing behind another unit, and shoot, it will hit the unit infront of my target.

and if it miss`s it simply just dies out after awhile.

if you are making a maze map i suggest you use abilities instead of collision, use locust and some costum abilities, for example KILL. then you cant target the unit and you die if you touch it. (better than unit collision)

im not making a maze. but ty anyways.

~~ sleep tym.

FMAlchemist

Reaction score
omg it does to !!

ahahssorry just read it wrong

THANKS HEAPS

~~ +

Edit:

oh btw, when it adds an event, does the add`ed event stay there forever?

Code:
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Set main_attack[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
Unit - Create 1 Ex Wisp for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
Set main_attack_target[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
Trigger - Add to Fire hero spell Ex <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of main_attack[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])

Code:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at (Position of main_attack[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
Unit - Explode main_attack[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
Unit - Explode main_attack_target[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

it doesnt work..

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
yes the event stay there forever and about the trigger could you post the whole trigger?
and also:
AceHart said:
"it doesnt work" is not a very good problem description
;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.