Using + and - Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
I wonder why there is not only the approve but also the dissaprove feature, whichs usage will be cruel

In my opinion it should be allowed 2 disapprove with a useless post
This should prevent people from giving post noone needs and which are useless

but CARE if u dissaprove because u could get some -rep by a moderator who wont show his name, but just takes some of ur rep points

i don really care but i wonder wheter anyone uses -rep or not?

plz feel free 2 comment ;)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
First of all, this is the wrong sub category for this kind of thread.

Secondly, I understood very little what you said.
There is a "disapprove" option, if You want to -repute someone, if that is, what You meant.

And lastly, these kind of "reputation" threads tend to get closed, so watch out.

F

Foomy

In my opinion it should be allowed 2 disapprove with a useless post...

plz feel free 2 comment ;)

[OFF Topic]
Please use letters instead of numbers, when refearing to words.
2 = To.
Kinda annoying, and could be missunderstood, to read.
Cheers.

Cilla

Reaction score
ok basically i said

I rated someone with a disapprove because it was a useless post.
Then I got rated from +1 to - 11 by an unknown person. ^^

I just wanted to ask if it is allowed to give a negative rating.

Or is the disapprove feature not used by anyone of u?

Edit: removed 2 twos

(Hm this thread really doesn fit in the WE Help Zone sry ;P)

S

Sunny_D

well, i highly doubt that you have been punished for -rep someone. of course its allowed if you dont agree with a post.

you must have done something different that hurt the forum rules...

i personally dont use the -rep... havent found a reason why i should yet... oh... yes i did once i remember but that was just a response to something really stupid...

F

Foomy

-Rep should only be used if the person insults you or make comments, racial or whatever.

Not just if, they happend to be a prick in general. :)=
Like:

-"Please I need help... etc etc etc"
-"Use search...(n00b)"

Well n00b is kinda a insult, although... this is a, among many things, gaming forum... so. Take it lightly.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Anyone can - or +repute You. Sometimes the -reputation is justified, sometimes it isn't.

If this has anything to do with http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50996
then, I am pretty sure AceHart gave You a warning.

There really isn't a point to continue this further. Just live with that and try to earn some +reputation to compensate your -reputation. :)

I

IKilledKEnny

well, i highly doubt that you have been punished for -rep someone. of course its allowed if you dont agree with a post.

you must have done something different that hurt the forum rules...

i personally dont use the -rep... havent found a reason why i should yet... oh... yes i did once i remember but that was just a response to something really stupid...

Just what I was going to say! Don't use -REP, you see how much you didn't like it? Put a negative comment, say that you don't agree, keep things cheerful and nice say you opinion in a constructive calmed way, those forums are still above WoW Forums' level, let's keep it that way? I'm still in a recovery process from my last visit there.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
Guys, guys...getting -repped or +repped won't actually change anything significant...just keep it in a kind and helpful manner, or else :p

Cilla

Reaction score
When someone continues posting dumb post after i asked to stop posting with no sense then i give him -rep ;)

I think it must have been a friend of a moderator or so.
He gave me -1rep. He was in the Last Received Reputation list.
Then, some hours later, a moderator deleted his name from the Last Received Reputation list and gave me an additional -10 rating^^

Corleone

Reaction score
those forums are still above WoW Forums' level, let's keep it that way? I'm still in a recovery process from my last visit there.

WoW forums aren't that bad. Except for the Rogue ones... and Warlocks. ( *Shakes fist* Overpowered monkeys ). Anyway, I like getting +rep, though it doesn't happen that often. Never had any -rep, and I'm intending to keep it that way. Also, Cilla, for that -rep, you must've done something bad :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I think it must have been a friend of a moderator or so.
Yes...I'm pretty sure that all moderators hate you and are spending all of their valuable time just to come up with a way to give you -rep. :rolleyes:

You were -repped by an admin, for reasons quite obvious. And its not hidden, it should be in your User CP.

Apart from that, everyone has and should have the right to give reputation and decide whether it will be positive or negative. Negative reputation exists as a form of a warning, to let you know that you did something wrong so that you wouldn't go for doing that in the future. Yet it loses its point with all those reputation addicts who believe that they might die if they lose a reputation point.

And as a side-note: chill out. It's only reputation...
And there's nothing to discuss further on the subject...if you still aren't sure on why you got the -rep you can always PM the one who gave it to you. In this case AceHart.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Guys, guys...getting -repped or +repped won't actually change anything significant...just keep it in a kind and helpful manner, or else :p

This coming from the guy who wrote a Reputation FAQ :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.