Gaming Valve To Steam Deck Owners: Stop Huffing Its Vent Fumes

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The company behind Portal, Half-Life, and Steam isn’t amused by all the vent smellin’

Valve has a message to all you folks (myself included) who love huffing your Steam Deck exhaust fumes: Stop it. Please.

Have you ever taken a break from playing your Steam Deck to sample the complex fragrances emanating from its exhaust vent? If so, you aren’t alone. Since the release of the handheld PC, many owners have reported that they can’t stop sniffing the fumes that waft out of the Steam Deck during play. It’s become a bit of a meme among Steam Deck owners, with folks often posting online how much they enjoy the distinctive aroma. I’m one of those sickos, sticking my nose right above the exhaust and taking a big whiff each time I play. But someone finally asked Valve about this, and it turns out the company wants you all to knock it off.

On December 12, Reddit user Metapod100 shared a screenshot showing them asking Steam Support if it was “safe to inhale the exhaust fumes” from the Steam Deck’s top vent. The user pointed out that people enjoying the smell has become “somewhat of a meme” and admitted many folks really like doing it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.