Virus Problem - Cleaned but now corrupt?

MnkyOf[-]ate

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I managed to get a couple viruses, one of which was a problem with java and could be cleaned if you cleared the java cache, (virus name was byte somehting) and the rest were located in temporary internet files, and ...documents and settings/temp folder.

They were trojans, and some stupid toolbar install thing which had multiple .exe's (about 10 - 12)
I deleted all the temp files, cleared the cache, rebooted and scanned and all is well except for one major problem,

Whenever I try and open my computer the frame for the window loads but I can see my desktop through the frame, and it never fully loads and slows my computer down alot, I have to "End task" in order to close it, which in turn closes any folders I have open.
(also, when i click the close button, the end task dialogue pops up almost immediatly)

I can broswe through folder shortcuts fine, but my computer will not load!

Can anyone help me with this? I dont want to format, but if I have to I will.

Are there some windows files on the xp disk that can be copied to the windows directory in safe mode or DOS?

crash.jpg

(when the cursor is in the window, the loading hourglass thing is there and never changes)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.