Warriors of Warcraft

Zadkiel

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I would like to seek help from all you to make an AoS map.

Purpose

The purpose of this project is to create a AoS map but its heroes is based on WC's storyline/campaign. That means that we could play the remaining/living heroes like Arthas, Illidan, Jaina, Thrall and even King Nerzhul. I have played DotA and some observation is that some of the heroes does not fit its characteristic like Banehollow/Lycanthrope which uses the Eredar Warlock model but for me the best model for it should be the Orc Shaman. We can safely say that the purpose here is to put WoW heroes in an AoS environment.

Concerns

From some personal circumstance I haven't and can't play World of Warcraft. One of it is that I have to work and do something else in my personal time. WoW requires hours and hours to play unlike DoTA that which lasts only an hour. Since I don't play WoW, I am not familiar with the current heroes.

Also I have finished a map in my life, that means I admit i'm not yet good in map-making. Doing this project alone would take me months but doing this with others would only take a shorter time. I know that there are good terrainers out there but has no idea what project to do. I know that there are good jass programmers and the same -they don't have a map to build. By combining our skills I know we can make a wonderful map. I could simply use/ripoff the Dota v1 template to make the work easier for me if I'm goin to do this alone but I know somebody out there can make a better terrain, programming and heroes.

The Parameters

First we must prioritize the Heroes from the Warcraft Storyline. As much as possible heroes would use the same powers in the campaign BUT we can change it if we think it needs to be. Now if there no heroes for the available models the we can simple invent a hero.

Second We will divide the Group aa WoW does = Alliance Vs. Horde.

The Alliance shall have the following:
Humans
Dwarves
Gnomes
Night Elves
Dranei
...just like Wow plus -> Elemental guardians and Benign Creeps.

The Horde shall have the following:
Orcs
Trolls
Tauren
Undead = Scourge + Forsaken
Blood Elves, w/ Illidan + Nagas
... and we will also include Demons and evil creeps.

Third if we can implement a 12 player system it would be the best.

Zadkiel

Reaction score
placeholder for suggested heroes, units, and buildings

The Alliance - Model: Tree of life

Castle Tavern - Model: Castle
Jaine Proudmoore - Model and Voice: Same
Palladin - Model and Voice: Same
Mountain King - Model and Voice: Same

Ancients Tavern - Model: Tree of Eternity
Furion Stormrage - Model and Voice: Same
Tyrande - Model and Voice: Same
Maiev Shadowsong - Model and Voice: Same

Creep Haven Tavern - Model: Draenei Haven; The Draenei has called out help from the Protectors of Azeroth and many have answered their call.
Draenei Harbinger - Model and Voice: Draenei Disciple
Pandaren - Model and Voice: Same

Elemental Gates Tavern - Model: Way Gate; The Elemental Gods offered help to defend Azeroth thus calling their heroes to aid the Alliance
Mountain Giant - Model and Voice: Same; represents earth element
Faerie Dragon - Model and Voice: Same; represents Air element
Phoenix - Model and Voice: Same; represents fire element
Water Elemental - Model and Voice: Same; represents water element
Ancient Protector - Model and Voice: Same ; represents wood element, extension of earth
Steel Golem - Model and Voice: Same; represents metal element, extension of earth

The Horde - Model: Mercenary Camp

Orc Tavern - Model: Fortress
Thrall - Model and Voice: Same
Vol'Jin - Model and Voice: Same
DrekThar - Model and Voice: Same
Cairne Bloodhoof - Model and Voice: Same
Wolf Shaman - Model and Voice: Shaman;

Black Temple Tavern - Model: Temple of the Damned; Illidan forces is compased of the Blood Elves, Naga, Satyrs and some other creeps joined them
Illidan - Model and Voice: Same
Lady Vasj - Model and Voice: Same
Satyr - Model and Voice: Same
Prince Kael - Model and Voice: Same

Lich King's Tavern - Model: Frozen Throne
Arthas - Model and Voice: Same
Kel'Thuzad - Model and Voice: Same
Anu'Barak - Model and Voice: Same
Ner'Zhul - Model and Voice: Revenant
Sylvannas Windrunner - Model and Voice: Same
Vampiress - Model and Voice: Temptress

Hellion Tavern - Model: Dark Portal
Kil'jaeden the Deceiver - Model and Voice: Eredar Warlock
Magtheridon - Model and Voice: Pit Lord
Mephistroth - Model and Voice: Dread Lord

W

WhoIsJG

To be honest, if a post in this section doesnt get get any responses right away (even negative ones) its not a good sign.

I think the problem here is that this project will be one of two things.

1. A blatant rip-off of DotA (terrain and triggs) with new Heros. This isnt the most original idea to begin with and some people arent fans of rip-offs.

2. A DotA-like game with a similar feel but new heros, new terrain, and new triggs. This still isnt the most original idea when advertised in that fasion.

If you are after #1 then you dont really need a team of people, you just need other people like yourself who have made or want to make Warcraft lore related heros and drop them into the taverns.

If you are after #2 then I think you should think about, and bring to the table, a great game play idea that will attract people, something other than just another dota type game.

Just my two cents :)

P.S. Whether or not you agree or disagree if this thread picks up some momentum I will gladly edit this post away if you feel its hindering your efforts.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
also with about 14 views in about 1/2 of a day, means that you shuld get a better name for your project

Zadkiel

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

About the title it can be changed as long as there are suggestions. Sorry if it sounds spoonfeeding to my favor but I think there should be an alternative suggested title once you don't like the title, but i'll think of another one. Thanks

To be honest, if a post in this section doesnt get get any responses right away (even negative ones) its not a good sign.

I think the problem here is that this project will be one of two things.

1. A blatant rip-off of DotA (terrain and triggs) with new Heros. This isnt the most original idea to begin with and some people arent fans of rip-offs.

2. A DotA-like game with a similar feel but new heros, new terrain, and new triggs. This still isnt the most original idea when advertised in that fasion.

If you are after #1 then you dont really need a team of people, you just need other people like yourself who have made or want to make Warcraft lore related heros and drop them into the taverns.

If you are after #2 then I think you should think about, and bring to the table, a great game play idea that will attract people, something other than just another dota type game.

Just my two cents :)

P.S. Whether or not you agree or disagree if this thread picks up some momentum I will gladly edit this post away if you feel its hindering your efforts.

Yes I was expecting this kind of feedback. When people want to make their own maps the tendency is to think a unique map to have a unique experience. I forgot to add when I was mentioning that I'm open for suggestion. I know we can CONCEIVE a new game out of DOTA by evolving it. But then I also realized the if I'm just going to post a blank type of game = meaning I'll just post "Hey! I got no idea what game I like to do, can you give me something" then that people would just ignore this thread. I need to start off from something.

I have thought of grouping into 4 factions but that would limit players to 2 each, 8 in all, because the 4 are computer-controlled. Lets say there are 4 corners, 1 each faction, then from there 3 groups of creep waves spurring out attack other bases. Ok lets change it to 3 factions, there will be 2 groups of creeps attack the 2 other bases, that makes it 3 heroes max to each factions, 3 would be computers. But then it still DotA but evolved as your #2.

Anyway can you enumerate to me any DoTA rip-offs there? Because there are none that I know of.

Agains thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

G

Gravedigger

Hi Everyone! I would like to seek help from all you to make a map similar to DoTA.
Third, if we are to make a hero similar to DoTA, I suggest that we discuss it properly in order that we can assess that if it really fits the MAP that we are making.

placeholder for suggested heroes

placeholder for volunteers, their assignments and status

Starting your map description off with "Hey, I'm going to rip off of Dota too!" doesn't make many people excited about your project. Also don't post "placeholders," all you did was triple post, those things can easily be added to your first post. You say you can't think of any ideas of your own, PM me and I'll send you an idea for a new project, you could make that, or you could think of something yourself, do whatever, but please, don't just make another rip off of another game.

W

WhoIsJG

Well if you are going to have all the Heros be out of Warcraft lore, you might as well make the game, and its objectives, out of the lore.

Here, http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter5.html#33
you can find an account of all of Warcraft History, specifically the part that happens in WC3.

There is one part of the History that would make for a good theme and would be very original (to the best of my knowledge).

This part....

"The orcs, led by Thrall, suffered a series of setbacks on their journey across Kalimdor's Barrens. Though they befriended Cairne Bloodhoof and his mighty tauren warriors, many orcs began to succumb to the demonic bloodlust that had plagued them for years. Thrall's greatest lieutenant, Grom Hellscream, even betrayed the Horde by giving himself over to his baser instincts. As Hellscream and his loyal Warsong warriors stalked through the forests of Ashenvale, they clashed with the ancient night elf Sentinels. Certain that the orcs had returned to their warlike ways, the demigod Cenarius came forth to drive Hellscream and his orcs back. Yet Hellscream and his orcs, overcome with supernatural hate and rage, managed to kill Cenarius and corrupt the ancient forestlands. Ultimately, Hellscream redeemed his honor by helping Thrall defeat Mannoroth, the demon lord who first cursed the orcs with his bloodline of hate and rage. With Mannoroth's death, the orcs' blood-curse was finally brought to an end."

To be historically accurate you couldnt include Heros like Arthas, but that doesnt mean you cant.

Having an Orc/Tauren Horde side fighting the Elf/Centaur Alliance side (with other races and heros added if you like) based specifically around that part of the Lore would be new.

Just make sure your map isnt three lanes with towers and creeps like DotA.

Zadkiel

Reaction score
Thanks again with your replies.

The obvious pattern of your suggestion is that I should make a Map better than DotA. I guess I have to think something beyond an AoS-type game. Or maybe I can still maintain DotA-like features but I have to add more exciting features.

I have to do some brainstorming :banghead: :nuts:

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion: add three different types of units that spawn, melee, ranged and casting units, and then add 3 different races per team that can be chosen at the start of the map, and each race specializes in one of the three casting types.

Zadkiel

Reaction score
Thanks WolSHaman.

But I have questions:

1. DO I still maintain the DotA-like creep wave spawning?
2. When you say Casters, do you mean they are the "heroes" of each race? because you mentioned that there are different casting types for each race.

==================

As for now I have come with a different features, e.g. on each side you can either be:

1. Hero Class- just like the DotA-type.

2. Commander Class - Simply wait for spawns for you to command. You have no initial unit, You just have to wait for your units to spawn. As the game progresses you can have more units spawning, e.g. 4 units at the start then 5 spawns the next period. When the unit dies it it stays dead. Strategically speaking you can accumulate as much units before attacking.

The items for your units is different from Heroes, but they can be allowed to carry item for heroes. Of course, this is subject o change.

3. Builder Class- this one builds and repairs structures, plant traps but no attack. I'm still thinking if they can also heal and hire mercenaries so they can get protection/attacks. The items they can use could be common with those under the Commander, but they can only use some structure items.

so basically you can have a 5 combo of all heroes, all commanders, all builders, 4 heroes and 1 builder, 4 commanders and 1 builder, etc. etc. etc.

I have thought of another class but I will post it the proper time. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.