What do you think of this idea?

birdinabox

Reaction score
Hello guys, My name is Kris.

I have just turned 17 YO and have started my new job as a Hewett Packard Field Services Technician in Australia.
My love for all things IT has been a major part of life since I was little, Doing everything from de constructing computers and assembling them again, creating games, troubleshooting errors, and everything I could possibly do.

Ok that's enough of my life story.

Although I already have a job, I am wanting to create a kind of "portfolio" for showing off my skills, in case I decide to apply for a different position, or job for that matter.

One of my passions has been game making, and I am wanting to create multiple demonstrations of skill in different engines

I have already created one in the unity, and unreal engine.

However for my final demonstration, I would like to create a map in Warcraft to demonstrate my skills when creating an experience for multiple users at a time.

I am a big fan of LOAP, and was thinking of making a new version of it, only using the base concept, but re working every single aspect.
Everything will be new, and I will also use a save load system so people are able to keep there characters from game to game.
However, is it worth making a map that so many people have already made cheap rip off's and edit's of?
or should I just come up with a brand new concept?

also, where is the best place to start learning JASS scripting?

Thank you for your time
Kris

Edit: I chose loap as I am a big fan of role playing games, as in you pretend and act like your character.

TheLegend

Reaction score
the best way to learn jass is to download the NewGen World Editor and look at some systems here. Jass is the most complex yet easiest to understand language but it cant work outside world editors which limits it. Here on the forum you have a jass section so search there or simply put "jass tutorial" in google or in search. Good luck with your map making :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.