What's the order for Vampiric Potion? Please

rafaxik

Reaction score
Basically, hero uses battle roar and gains vampiric potion abilitiy, converting 15 % of his attacks into life.
Yeah I know I could trigger a damage detection, but the problems are:
Hero is ranged;
Also already has an orb effect/buffplacer ability
The trigger is:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Haste (Hero Ability)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy01 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Haste dummy ability to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral - IDK WHAT ORDER HERE
I forgot to say: The hero already has the Vampiric Potion, but the icon doesn't appear of course (item ability).

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Text - Order string is what decides this. However, I believe abilities with an item ability as base can never be ordered via trigger. At least not active abilities that are not shown. I recommend giving the hero the mask of death passive life steal for the duration of the spell :eek:

rafaxik

Reaction score
Text - Order string is what decides this. However, I believe abilities with an item ability as base can never be ordered via trigger. At least not active abilities that are not shown. I recommend giving the hero the mask of death passive life steal for the duration of the spell :eek:

I was afraid you'd say that... Hero already has an orb effect, mask of death will work but my previous orb won't.
Anyway, thank you

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was afraid you'd say that... Hero already has an orb effect, mask of death will work but my previous orb won't.
Anyway, thank you

You could give a vampiric potion item to the hero and make him use it directly. Use triggers to remove an item and add it again if the hero already have a full inventory.

Trigger:
  • one
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Number of items carried by (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to your ability
    • Actions
      • Set itemtypevariable = (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1))
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)
      • Hero - Create vampiric potion! and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Order (Triggering unit) to use (Last created item)

Trigger:
  • two
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to vampiric potion!
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)
      • Hero - Create itemtypevariable and give it to (Triggering unit)

note that this is not MUI (didn't think you needed to as its a hero ability). However, adding arrays to the variable can easily make it usable for several players at once.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
You could give a vampiric potion item to the hero and make him use it directly. Use triggers to remove an item and add it again if the hero already have a full inventory.

If you're Doomed, it won't work. Would a "Rune of Vampiric Potion" or something be possible? Seems like it'd be MUI.

rafaxik

Reaction score
If you're Doomed, it won't work. Would a "Rune of Vampiric Potion" or something be possible? Seems like it'd be MUI.

Don't need to be MUI,only GUI. I'll try to give the item to hero.
For the doom issue, it can't even cast the spell that starts the trigger anyway.
Thanks for you both, I'll try it when I get home.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
item abilities can be ordered but to get the order you would need a debug message.

instead of strings which represent the orders for items they use the ID directly, you need to make a simple trigger:
Event:
Unit is issued an order without target
Condition:
Action:
(Some Jass line i cannot remember correctly, a debug message giving you the issued order)

with this message you will get some number with around 12 digits, thats the order id for the item.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.