Where can I get a trigger viewer?

D

destructive

There is a protected map I want to see the triggers too. I do not want to unprotect the map and I do not wish to change anything on the map. I just want to see how they did the triggers on a section. What kind of program can I use to extract the triggers from a protected map so I can view them in a program like notepad or something? Thanks.

Mullit

Reaction score
i doubt such a program exists, you could probably e-mail the map creator.
or just ask here about how to do what you want to do

D

destructive

Well, I heard winMPQ does it. I don't know how to use winMPQ to extract the triggers. I want to extract the triggers from Uther Party version-q. There is a secret level in the game where you need passwords and stuff. We have spent hours trying to figure it out. I just want to view to triggers to see what the passwords are for it.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure we should be supporting this here, but, it's not really unprotecting either...

Well, open the map with your MPQ Editor.
You'll see a bunch of files.

If you're lucky, one of them will have ".j" at the end.
If not, extract them all, try to open them in some text editor.

Most will be rather unreadable, but, one of them should look like JASS.
That one would be it.

Now, as for reading it... good luck.

Then again, can't you just ask someone who's played it and knows?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
map protection removes all triggers from it.
so as acehart said...the only thing you can see is the jass code.

however i recall a friend of mine gave me some code for it before and i wrote it down. try typing 18346 in-game, i'm gonna check it out now.

edit: nothing really happened...

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
destructive said:
Well, I heard winMPQ does it. I don't know how to use winMPQ to extract the triggers. I want to extract the triggers from Uther Party version-q. There is a secret level in the game where you need passwords and stuff. We have spent hours trying to figure it out. I just want to view to triggers to see what the passwords are for it.

Try to search call TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent in .j file, maybe you will find something interessant for what you are looking for.

D

destructive

All the files are named weird. Stuff like ~unknown000010
I opened them each in notepad. I was able to understand some of it. Too bad the secret level code didn't stand out to me :(

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.