Why can't i set the level of ability?

feelingparty

Reaction score
So I have a skill that is based on Harvest (Lumber and Gold) with multiple levels, each with a custom value for "damage to tree"' "gold capacity" and "lumber capacity". I want to set the level of this ability to something (say 5) but it doesn't work. The values stay as if though the ability is level 1. Not even the Tooltip changes, even though that when I display the level via "Display message" it appears right. So can anyone help? This has proved quite frustrating =(

meOme

Reaction score
Some abilities have this problem, that they don't work correctly when you give them more than one level.

Guess the only solution is to create 5 abilities with 1 lvl each and exchange them instead of leveling one up.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Remove Harvest 1 from Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Unit - Add Harvest 2 to Paladin 0000 <gen>

It works that way.

rafaxik

Reaction score
So I have a skill that is based on Harvest (Lumber and Gold) with multiple levels, each with a custom value for "damage to tree"' "gold capacity" and "lumber capacity". I want to set the level of this ability to something (say 5) but it doesn't work. The values stay as if though the ability is level 1. Not even the Tooltip changes, even though that when I display the level via "Display message" it appears right. So can anyone help? This has proved quite frustrating =(

I don't see why it's not working, well

Check Stats - Hero ability True
Check Level 2 - Data - Damage to Tree not equal to 0
"""""""""""""" 3 - """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" and for the other levels
Check Level 2 and so on for the other datas like gold capacity and lumber capacity
Check Cast Range (Might not be equal to 0 too)
Check Stats Duration Normal not equal to 0
Check Stats - Targets Allowed (Tree, Alive, Dead)

Hint: set "level (1,2,3 or whatever)" for the tooltips just to be sure of the level it'll be.

I think your problem is in object editor, not triggering... (note the word think)
Some abilities have this problem, that they don't work correctly when you give them more than one level.

Guess the only solution is to create 5 abilities with 1 lvl each and exchange them instead of leveling one up.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Remove Harvest 1 from Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Unit - Add Harvest 2 to Paladin 0000 <gen>

It works that way.

It can works this way too...

feelingparty

Reaction score
So I am actually trying to create an ability that is upgraded by two researches each having 8 levels. 1 research that improves gold harvesting and one for lumber. So I made the Harvest ability have 64 levels (think of it as a 2D array).
And 64 levels are kinda hard to manage one by one.

Hint: set "level (1,2,3 or whatever)" for the tooltips just to be sure of the level it'll be.

That's what I did but the tooltips stay the same ("1"). I'm thinking of creating 64 different abilities and storing them in an array but that could take like a day. So anyway I'm posting the triggers here. If anybody is willing to take some time and read them through I would appreciate it :)

1st Trigg (when researching either one of the upgrades)

Trigger:
  • ResourseResearch
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Improve Lumber Harvesting
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Improve Gold Harvesting
    • Actions
      • Set ResourseLevelPerPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (((Current research level of Improve Gold Harvesting for (Triggering player)) x 8) + (Current research level of Improve Lumber Harvesting for (Triggering player)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (|cffff0000 + (String(ResourseLevelPerPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))])))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player) of type Worker) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of HarvestMyVersion (Gold and Lumber) for (Triggering unit) to ResourseLevelPerPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (String((Level of HarvestMyVersion (Gold and Lumber) for (Picked unit))))

2nd when a worker enters map:

Trigger:
  • SetResourseAbility
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Worker
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of HarvestMyVersion (Gold and Lumber) for (Entering unit) to ResourseLevelPerPlayer[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))]
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (String((Level of HarvestMyVersion (Gold and Lumber) for (Entering unit))))

So when the first lumber research is done the values it displays are:
2 (it should be 2)
0 (what's strange here is that even when there are workers on the map it still displayes 0)

And when a unit enters (having 1 lumber research:

Whatever I do the abilities stay the same - no change in tooltip, no change in damage to tree, gold cap, lumber cap

meOme

Reaction score
As I said, the ability is bugged. You can't get lvl 2+ to work, no matter what you do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.