Why Does My Hero Use Black Arrow Without The Spell?

turok255

Reaction score
My hero uses black arrow as soon as I learn the spell without actually turning it on. As soon as I learn the spell it starts the affect without using mana. If I turn the spell on it takes mana and does the same thing. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Just tested the dark ranged and it seems to be only this 1 custom hero.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
check object editor-->Combat Art Projectile 1 for your hero & change to regular arrow. orb items also change your projectile art

turok255

Reaction score
So to fix this I have to change the projectile art to an arrow? I don't see how that could fix it. Also it would look very odd when a riflemen shoots an arrow out of an ak-47 :rolleyes:

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I think what he means is that he thinks your unit's projectile art is the same as the black arrow art, and he thinks you want to change it.

Anyway...is it just the regular black arrow spell with autocast that you are using, or is it the one based off an item ability?

turok255

Reaction score
Its the same spell the dark ranged uses... Same exact spell just buffed the damage and units summoned from it, also gave it 5 levels.

Curo

Reaction score
Its the same spell the dark ranged uses... Same exact spell just buffed the damage and units summoned from it, also gave it 5 levels.

So then you're saying that your unit's regular attack gets automatically switched to that of black arrow whether it is autocasted or not? That's something I've never heard of before, but I'll think about it.

turok255

Reaction score
So then you're saying that your unit's regular attack gets automatically switched to that of black arrow whether it is autocasted or not? That's something I've never heard of before, but I'll think about it.

Thats exactly it. But its only for this 1 unit. None of his other spells bug. I guess it must be a problem with the model or something? :nuts:

Im using the marine model, No projectile art because its built into the model.

Curo

Reaction score
Well I don't know how the model would have anything to do with it. If it is the basic black arrow with nothing major changed, there shouldn't be a problem. Hence the oddness.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sorry I didnt understand your question last post.

Yes the Marine is "bugged" when using orb spells because orbs require a missle weapon type for ranged units while the marine has an instant weapon type. Change Combat Attack 1 from Instant-->Missle under the object editor

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.